• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Man guilty in $100 million property scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
The story reminds us that a fool and their money ...

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Those "fools" were deceived by inflated appraisals among other things.

"As alleged in the complaint, the defendants sold most lots in the development for $125,000 based on inflated appraisals by Anderson even though the lots had tax values of $20,000 or less. Many of the lots could not realistically be used to build homes because none of the lots included water and sewer systems, and many were too small to support a septic tank or a well."

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
The NCAB has the power to look at any or all of the files in his office and should have already done so. I expect the FBI could share one or two if they happen to have custody of them. They had wtwo chances. One in 2006 and one in 2007 when complaints were filed against him. (I don't know him, never saw him and have never appraised in his area or county)

It PIXXXXXXXs me off to see appraisers named in newspapers as being involved in fraud, being indicted or named as un-indicted co-conspirators in well publicized cases yet still out there working.

This is why I am in favor of emergency suspensions (as Colorado did) when it can be shown to a judge that probable cause exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks