• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Manufactured Home Checklist

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgerarde

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
Help!!???

I have a client that is insisting that on the "Manufactured Home
Checklist" that I should change the "Not Permanently Affixed"
to "Permanently Affixed". She is basing this on the fact the subject
has a "Affidavit of Affixture".

My understanding is that this form (Affidavit of Affixture) has
nothing to do with the foundation system of the home. It just says
that the home is now part of the land and is considered real property.

My understanding is that to be "Permanantly Affixed", the home would
have to be bolted to a concrete pad(s) or the metal jacks embeded
into the concrete pads.

This home has metal jacks that sit on the concrete pads. No bolt
noted or embedded. To me that would be "Not Permanently Affixed"...

How are you guys handling this. Am I missing something???

Thanks for your help,
Patti in Chino Valley, AZ

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Patti, got a couple of past post for you to read.

www.appraisersforum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2290&highlight=

www.appraisersforum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2021&highlight=

"This home has metal jacks that sit on the concrete pads. No bolt
noted or embedded. To me that would be "Not Permanently Affixed"... "

I would tend to agree, but the REAL anwer is get an engineering inspection. :wink: I don't check those boxes about foundation.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
P.S.

Need any more info about manufactured homes, do a search for any post by Jo Ann Meyer Stratton. She is the trailer queen..... IN A GOOD WAY. :wink: :lol:

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
Patti:
You are correct about the Affidavit of Affixture (an Arizona document). An Affidavit of Affixture is only a bookkeeping procedure to enable the home to be taxed as real property. Has absolutely nothing to do with how the home is installed and anything physical--no one checks a home in the field when an Affidavit of Affixture ins recorded. Is the loan conventional or FHA? If FHA require an inspection by a licensed engineer on the VC sheet, the licensed engineer is to determine if the home meets the requirements in the Permanent Foundations Guide for Manufactured Housing. If it is a conventional loan, then Section 304 Factory Built Housing of the 6/30/2002 Fannie Mae guidelines apply. "We purchase mortgages secured by factory built housing that is designed as a one family dwelling, assumes the characteristics of site built housing, and is legally classified as real property. We require the factory built home to be permanently affixed to a foundation system that is appropriate for the soil conditions of the site and designed to meet local and state codes." And that is all that Fannie Mae requires!!! Fannie Mae does not get into specifics because what would be permanent in one part of the country would not be considered permanent in another part of the country. The Affidavit of Affixture only answers the question about "legally classified as real property". Characteristics of site built housing would be tongue, axles and wheels removed and a foundation acceptable to the Arizona Department Fire Safety, Manufactured Home Divisions that meets all local government building and zoning codes. So if the state inspector for installation of manufactured homes has cleared it, wheels, axles and tongue are removed, it has some type of perimeter enclosure to keep out varmints and retain dirt which also gives it the characteristic of site built homes--it is acceptable to Fannie Mae. Their new guidelines have changed their requirements. Ask the underwriter if she/he has seen the version that went into effect 6/30/02?

pgerarde

Professional Status
State
Arizona
:D Many thanks to you both. (I knew I'd hear from you Jo Ann...who else when we are talking manufactured homes....)

This was a conventional loan and of course I was trying to use FHA rules for what is considered affixed. So your explaination helped to clear my FHA fogged brain... :idea: :idea:

The links were also appreciated. I copied some Manufactured Housing list comments to cover myself adequately. (of course a few disclaimers never hurt an appraiser a bit...)

Thanks again,
Patti in Chino Valley, AZ :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks