• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Manufactured Housing Addendum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBlueGA

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Does anybody have a PDF copy of a "Manufactured Housing Addendum"? I think JoAnn sent me a copy of it quite a while back but unfortunately I lost it when my last computer crashed.. could somebody please email me a copy if they have it?

mailto:[email protected]

Thanks!

- Brandon

BigBlueGA

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Excellent! You are my hero.. Thanks!

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
North Dakota
Brandon one word of caution on MH addendum’s, make sure you always use your addendum and not the LO’s. I was amazed at some of the things they used to fax over. I refused to sign 90% of them. Some of them
wanted you to place yourself in the position of engineer, licensed GC, environmental expert etc. I personally would never sign an addendum stating the “trailer thing” was strapped down and complied with all codes......talk about an E & O invitation......your post does bring back some fond memories though. About 4-5 years ago I did a lot of manufactured homes. I miss the adventures. Now I usually only do them if they’re REO’s. I did get a good one 2 weeks ago which was a sale. I was about to turn it down until I read the MLS printout. It read and I quote
verbatim. “Magnificent Oakwood with sunroom addition. Above ground pool and appliances are negotiable. Conner singlewide on rear of site does not convey. Lock box on side door. Please don’t tease the Rotts which are in kennel in behind detached garage.” I couldn’t pass that one
up.....more artwork for the cyber gallery. :)

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
I definitely agree with Bobby regarding the manufactured home addendums--I hate them!! I try to use one I have developed that basically just quotes Fannie Mae guidelines. If the client insists on theirs being filled out, I typically type for each question, appraiser is not a professional engineer or licensed contractor or home inspector or (anything else I can think of) and the client should contact a licensed professional for the items that they have a concern. Year, make, serial numbers from ownership documents and the data plate in the closet, HUD label numbers from the label on the exterior and sometimes data plate, a visual observation of if the tongue, wheels and axles have been removed, and if the home is being taxed or is capable of being taxed as real estate . That is it!! Anything else the client wants to know they will need to contact somebody else!

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Ditto, to what Jo Anne said.

Pamela, Wayne,

Is there a way to set up a section with pdf forms for other appraisers to download. Like the MH addendum, or other addendums created by appraisers?

Richard Carlsen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan

I use on the new one in my WinTotal. Nothing else gets filled out no matter how hard they cry.

And no questions about frost lines and footings get answered because I'm not an engineer and therefore not qualified to answer these questions and forbidden by USPAP from doing so if I am not qualified.

Take a picture of each HUD label, take a picture of the foundation or piers and posts and try and find the manufacturers label inside for the date it was made, snow load, serial number, etc. If it is not there, it becomes the owner’s job to locate the information for me if the lender insists on having it. I run an appraisal company and not a detective agency.

Alan Simmons

Professional Status
State
Alabama
Several years ago I started adding a disclaimer of sorts to all MH addendum. I maybe do three MH/year.

It basically states that all of the information on the page should be considered inaccurate until verified by a competent professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks