• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Manufactured in North Fort Myers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark A Rewbury

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Hello, doing an FHA on a 1996 single wide 1200+/- Ft. Made in AL moved to Florida. Some concerns.

1) Constructed for Wind Zone 1...36 miles from the Gulf of Mexico which is Zone 2.

2) Central air compressor does not function and they installed one window air unit.

3) The foundation does not have an engineers report. Frame sits on concrete blocks which are resting on a 1" thick metal grid at ground level. Home made vinyl skirting.

Would you condition any of those items.

Thanks

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
I would condition ALL of those. There are more than those, right?
Just an educated guess..... I don't think this one is going to make it for FHA. I don't understand how it was able to be placed in that location with Wind Zone 1 either. Was this placed with any permits at all???

Mark A Rewbury

Professional Status
State
Florida
I would condition ALL of those. There are more than those, right?
Just an educated guess..... I don't think this one is going to make it for FHA. I don't understand how it was able to be placed in that location with Wind Zone 1 either. Was this placed with any permits at all???

Not sure either, that's why I posted...very strange set up. I suppose the lender will have to obtain a foundation certification but the wind zone 1 freaks me out. The air conditioning compressor isn't a problem since they do have a window unit which is common in this particular area. Thanks for the reply.

Mike Millson

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
Mark, Read the handbook chapter 8-1 under the second to last paragraph that starts New, never occupied....... For existing MF's.....

The house is not eligible if it has been moved. I just went through this with a MF recently. They were able to find a conventional lender for the one I did.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Mike, the unit was made in AL. I assumed that meant manufactured there. "Moving" it from the manufacturer to a residential site is necessary, it could have spent some time on a dealers lots in between. All that is typical. It's when a unit was moved from one residential site to another that it becomes not eligible for FHA financing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks