• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Manufactured Vs Modular-clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

BODEPHUS

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Good Morning AF-
Tried to look through my old threads on this one..
Just need clarification, we still need the:
serial number, manufactured info, etc.. for a modular just like with a Manufactured home, correct?

I'm to the point I'm gonna Stop completing these types of stinking assignments!!
Please help?

It was a doublewide we performed an inspection and had one HUD tag on one side all painted over-the lender is TOO LAZY to obtain any info on this home since County Data has nothing either!

Please help?

BODEPHUS

Professional Status
State
Texas
Plus, it still goes on the 1004c, correct? Even though it's a Modular home..

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Mr Rex Is Correct It's Manufactured .

BODEPHUS

Professional Status
State
Texas
Hey Glen-
Thank you for the information, but I still need to know-
I was able to locate the info on the house by TX Dept of HUD..
I guess at this point, not sure if it was ever moved.. just make the Extraordinary Assumption it was never moved??

BODEPHUS

Professional Status
State
Texas
Plus, now I have conflicting information from the homeowner vs what TX Dept. of Housing reports..
Homeowner and County Data & homeowner say it was brought to the site and built in 1980,
BUT TX Dept of HUD reflects it as new and built in 2015, not 1980.

What the heck??!!

Can't we just throw this back at the lender to figure out to receive proper Title Info or Manufactured info??

D

Deleted member 134708

Modular built to local code.

Manufactured built to HUD.

They make modular on frame or off frame, so the only difference would be was it built to local code or HUD will tell you which one it is.

In the real world:
Steel frame HUD = manufactured
Steel frame local code = modular.

In FNMA world:

steel frame HUD = manufactured
steel frame local code = manufactured not built to HUD.

FNMA doesn't recognize on-frame modular homes. It says they do not exist and will not loan on them. FNMA calls anything with a steel frame, manufactured.

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Yes send it back to the lender and advise them the owners need to remove the paint from the second metal HUD TAG and provide the numbers ** Also the owner should be asked to look through the unit for the paper label which is inside the unit ( see below ) If the owners cannot provide that information the lender can contact IBTS for verification.

HUD does not reissue tags for manufactured homes. However, the Department can issue a letter of label (tag) verification for units for which it can locate the necessary historical information. The label numbers can be found on a data plate inside the home in one of three locations: on or near the main electrical panel, in a kitchen cabinet, in a bedroom closet. The data plate has a map of the United States to let the consumer know the Wind Zone, Snow Load, and Roof Load for which their home was built.

You may request letters of label verification from the Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS), by visiting IBTS’ website at
http://www.ibts.org/services/services-in-the-public-good/cert-label-verification.html. You may also contact IBTS’ Label Department at (703) 481-2010 or via fax at: (703) 437-6894.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
There is a company that does the data search and certification -IBTS. Lenders use this source. Just cite what you found and the lender will go to IBTS and it will do all the data search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks