• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Many Of You I Have Been Talking To For Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen J. Vertin MAI

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois
I have an opportunity to appraise a methane digester in North Carolina. Many of you may not know this but the bulk of my business for the last 2-years has been appraising these facilities machinery and equipment (I have a MRICS with an emphasis in the arena). I am actually about 85 percent finished with a book on the subject. Only about 5 percent or less of the value within these products are real estate. But it is still a very important part of the report. I only tell you this so you know you will not be working with someone unfamiliar with these properties (I can even provide a work product if you wish).

The problem comes in the form that I am being hired to do these appraisals all over the country. I do not have the geographic competency to value the land in many area and generally hire an ARA to help me with this part. They appraise the land, provide zoning, taxes, neighborhood write up (not market or area analysis), highest and best use as vacant and all of the other smaller 12 point issues required for USPAP compliance. As many of you may know there are very few ARA's in NC. I am having trouble finding one who is not fully booked (for at least 2 months)

The subject property is rural which many are since the bulk are placed on farms. It is located about 45-55 miles from Raleigh close to Fremont. I am looking for someone who would be interested in doing the land section of this report. Since this is not a job, it is an independent assignment (as most appraisals are) I did not place it in the jobs section. If you are interested contact me ([email protected]).

As most of you know I am very easy to talk to and approachable. So I would love to speak with anyone with skills in this area. We can work out a price and go from there if you wish. I would be glad to pay 1/2 up front as a retainer given we have never done business together. However, I have done a number of assignments with people on the forum and anyone of them will tell you I am a straight shooter, easy to work with, but do want a quality product.

Sorry for being winded but there was kind of a lot to say.

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
M&E work is very nice. We have used a somewhat local fella (fee) for business relos on projects (not too many offering this service around here).

You have to be a very meticulous person with inventory and write a solid report. Very timely and very professional.

Makes some nice folding money for the work too.

The Warrior Monk

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New York
BTW, do you do equipment appraisals in NY? Occasionally I am asked for references, and I have great difficulty finding someone outside of the usual national/international firms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks