• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Map Program For Scheduling Appt's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jodikriewaldt

Freshman Member
We are scheduling up to 20 appointments a day. I need to find an easy to use map program that will allow us to tag locations and keep the locations on when we close the program. With our current program (delorme street atlas) you have to tag the locations twice to save them. Is there a program that will allow to color code certain days? Or easily have a different map for each day? Is there a special map program that is used specifically for someone who does this type of job? Aany suggested software would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
I don't know of any. When you pull comps on our MLS you can also do a map at the same time....I find this helpful.

Em Tee

Professional Status
State
California
I use Thomas Brothers maps on CD. It saves the tags until I delete them and I can use different tags for different things. You might check them out and see if they have maps for your area.

Gregory K Zieba

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois
Delorme's Map Expert has a routing feature that allows you to enter each address, and then it will find the shortest route (distance) or quickest route (time). I find this very useful, especially when looking at several properties in different communities. You can also get road construction info from their website, which is accessible from the desktop. The cost is around $100 +/-; I figure that this feature paid for itself the first week.
I also use the GPS receiver that interfaces with the software on may notebook computer. This feature will provide voice directions to your destination, show your location, and the location of the destination. I also save the property's location to be downloaded into the company database later. This makes making comp location maps quick and easy. The 2003 version also will import data from MS Excel Spreadsheets, so that maps can be made right from adjustment charts.

Gregory K. Zieba, IFAS

Yellow Fin

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
California
Oh, Yes, Delorme is the perfect GPS tracking system software.
Their web site is http://www.delorme.com.
My menthor uses this toy and he just typed 24 addresses in 10 minutes and boom, left. These comp pics are taken within an hour. Can you imagine if you pull out the map and circle out the locations and highlight them..? Hmmmm, where is the short cut...? Ooops...,,,,

When you make the turn, the whole map turns, too. (Non of other software does this) This company released the new GPS tracking tooling which comes with the software. http://www.delorme.com/earthmate/

So many toys, so much fun, but it puts you in the assembly line.

KD247

Professional Status
State
California
Microsoft Streets and Trips is almost free ($34 with a $20 rebate), has most new streets and is almost scary in its route-finding accuracy.

For detailed and customizable business mapping, you might want to try MapPoint. I've never used it, but it sounds like it could easily handle your needs. Go here: MapPoint Trial for a $10 trial copy.

Okay, computer people, here's what I want:

Select an address in any document, right click and select Map. Launches Streets and Trips and finds the address. I think this would be pretty easy to set up, but I don't need another project. Anyone here have the skills to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks