• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Mapping Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDog007

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
South Carolina
What type of mapping software and/or online is everyone using? I am using a dated 4.0 Delorme I believe with ACI. Should I just buy the new Delorme or do you all have any other good suggestions?!?!! Thanks!!!

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
I use Delorme Street Atlas 7.0. I think it's a 1998 or 99 version. Bought the new 2003 version, because it sounds like it has some nice features like being able to add streets as they are developed....... but DO NOT waist your money. The new version does not run well, and the maps look like they were drawn with Crayon. Very poor quality, I was extremely disapointed in Delorme. I paid $40 for it. If you want to try it, send me $20 and you can have it.

EDWARD BERRY

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
GEOLOCATOR works well with ACI.

If you have an intersection in a rural area, then you can move to new streets or location.

It calcs distance, sizes map to get all.

Best timesaver other than data transfer.

ed in the backwoods-

wyecoyote

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Washington
We have ACI and use the web map version for our maps. Calculates the distances auto downloads into the form. You can change the comps and subject around if they don't match which sometimes they don't. Cost was $50 per year for each computer.

xm39hnu

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
You may want to evaluate DeLorme's X-Map product. Find the blurb and an online demo at www.delorme.com.

This thing can do 3-D quadrangle maps if you have a need for them. It'll also let you overlay a digital scan of the county tax maps, properly georeferenced.

I'm on a Mac, and won't use Microsoft, so I can't use this myself. But the web page looks promising.

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Originally posted by M Leggett@Jul 9 2003, 08:36 AM
I use Delorme Street Atlas 7.0. I think it's a 1998 or 99 version. Bought the new 2003 version, because it sounds like it has some nice features like being able to add streets as they are developed....... but DO NOT waist your money. The new version does not run well, and the maps look like they were drawn with Crayon. Very poor quality, I was extremely disapointed in Delorme. I paid $40 for it. If you want to try it, send me $20 and you can have it.
Ignore M Leggett, If you want to try delorme 2003, SEND ME $10.00 an I will give you the CD :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks