• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

MapPoint Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Jenson

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
Friends;

I'm investigating mapping software for ACI integration. Wondering about MapPoint Desktop... the ACI sales person said he doesnt know anything about it, doesnt sell it, doesnt want to, etc. Yet it appears it integrates with ACI in the environment setup window.

He seemed to want to sell the $99 mappoint subscription only and although it is likely a really good program, I'm not a big fan of yearly subscriptions or of total internet integration. Would rather have maps on my computer if possible.

I'm using ACI Version 8.6.2.880. Wonder if anyone knows if MapPoint Desktop integrates, how well it works, what year would integrate with my version, etc.

Thanks

Ted Martin

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Kansas
Hi Ed,

I sent you back a private email but forgot a couple of things.

Sometimes MapPoint will miss place the comp and you will need to manually place it (maybe one time out of 50 in a rural area, in town it seldom misses). When this happens you also have to remember to manually update the distance in the ACI report. I've got a plan and as long as I stick to it, everything works fine.

Shelley4146

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
California
I purchased Mappoint from ACI last April and have not had any problems. Prior to that I used Geolocater and wasn't nearly as satisfied. I believe Mappoint was $50 cheaper.

Shelley4146

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
California
Microsoft Mappoint

Yes it is Microsoft Mappoint.

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
I have an unopened box of MS MapPoint 2001, I wonder if it will work with ACI? $99 seems like a ripoff when MS Streets & Trips is $25 at Costco.

Shelley4146

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
California
Not sure if it will integrate with ACI you'd have to call tech support. Other problem is if you work in areas of new development the streets may not be on that version. Good Luck though, in this market I'm all for saving a buck if I can.

Ted Martin

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Kansas
I haven't been able to get Streets and Trips to work with ACI, only MapPoint. There are two MapPoints the internet based program and a desktop program. I'm using the desktop program.

BOB PADRICK

Professional Status
State
Florida
I don't know why they don't make it work-if you've got an old version of delorme installed, and ACI detects it, you can import the resulting data into MS S&T and it will locate everything-but comp 1...lol

you can get it to locate all of them, if you just delete the dross off of the end of the subject line to make the end look just like all the comps. What's really strange is that if you remove the dross, and import it into delorme, you still end up with the same map as you would with the dross...sigh.

I told them about this starting with S&T 2004, 2005, etc...they don't seem interested in fixing it. They seem to want to push the online version instead.

All that said-I don't like the way S&T handles the text boxes for the addresses in comparison to how they're handled in the older versions of delorme (don't get me started on 2006 and later versions!). However, the maps are generally more up to date now in S&T, and they typically just look better.

Last edited:

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Map point is a good program at 99 bucks/year. With my volume it only costs about 2 cents a map.

TC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks