• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Market Knee Jerk Reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Wait, Bounce up 120, down 200, end in the red...

What a waste of a ½% interest cut

Caligirl

Professional Status
State
California
1 1/4 % in +/-two weeks. Has Cramer had a heart attack yet.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
I think he is all for it, but thinks it was too late in the making...'shoulda been done in August'...

When we get to zero, then what does the Fed do? Do we get charged for having money in the bank and have to pull it out?

Caligirl

Professional Status
State
California
I think he is all for it, but thinks it was too late in the making...'shoulda been done in August'...

When we get to zero, then what does the Fed do? Do we get charged for having money in the bank and have to pull it out?

The markets seem very volatile, and part of the downturn might be that people simply don't know where to invest. The two consecutive cuts one after the other don't breed much confidence. I've read so much conflicting information in the last three weeks I honestly don't know what to believe. The only things that I know for sure are the amount of the bills I'm paying at the grocery store and gas pump, and those property and income tax bills around the corner. :fiddle:

Greg Bell

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Louisiana
Markets up today , so far.Money managers are trying to cover the Billions lost in the last six months.Granny's 401K has lost 40% , however , no one will know till reporting becomes mandatory.Nice dead cat bounce today.Good time to sell into the rally.Free money......

Caligirl

Professional Status
State
California
Last night Cramer was recommending buying real estate.

Did anyone else see his 'They know nothing' outburst last week?

Greg Bell

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Louisiana
I'll have what Maria's having...

Marcia Langley

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Missouri
Every move the Fed makes is just to limit the plunge. It never takes more than a day until they start pricing in the next cut. By the time the cut gets here it is an anticlimax.

All of that and the Dow is still struggling to hang on to 2006 gains. Forget 2007.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
The next shoe to drop will be the mortgage insurance companies. Standard & Poor will have to downgrade many of their AAA ratings and once they do, then those companies spiral into a free fall. S & P is doing all it can to give them breathing space but S & P's credibility is already under fire. They cannot afford to see one go into bankrupcty with a "AAA" rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks