• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Market Value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee
It would do us well to study the market value definition of real estate. Louisiana and Virginia are riding that horse.

The Definition of Market Value from Fannie Mae: Market value is the most probable price which a property should bring in a competitive and open marketunder all conditions requisite to a fair sale, the buyer and seller, each acting prudently, knowledgeably and assuming the price is not affected by undue stimulus. Implicit in this definition is the consummation of a sale as of a specified date and the passing of title from seller to buyer under conditions whereby: (1) buyer and seller are typically motivated; (2) both parties are well informed or well advised, and each acting in what he considers his own best interest; (3) a reasonable time is allowed for exposure in the open market; (4) payment is made in terms of cash in U.S. dollars or in terms of financial arrangements comparable thereto; and (5) the price represents the normal consideration for the property sold unaffected by special or creative financing or sales concessions granted by anyone associated with the sale.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Antitrust law is on it dog like white on rice. Don’t be like the appraiser wanting his $60,000 that is delinquent.

residentialguy

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Minnesota
I'm not going to do a bunch of researching to try to decipher wth you're getting at. if you have an issue of something they did, post a link.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I'm not going to do a bunch of researching to try to decipher wth you're getting at. if you have an issue of something they did, post a link.

I should take you on a hunt. Let me say this. The hunt is on. It ain’t over. The definition of market value is awesome on Fannies part. I like it.

Antitrust law is a different animal. That’s where Louisiana and Virginia and the FTC are going.

Last edited:

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee

miktay

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
I just realized that for the past several weeks, the only reason I'm checking out this forum is to see what new thing Eli is posting today....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks