• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Marketing idea -

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmeyer

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
I've been thinking about a good way to bring in some business during these hard times....our local tax assessments are due to come out around June to July....our appeals process only allows for a 90 day period to appeal the taxes...so my idea...my city is large and I don't want to take on every part of this city....I am thinking about targeting some areas where I know property values declined....do a print out of the average price in 2007...show the MLS statistical report and do something like a flyer....put it on the homes in these areas...advise them of the county's appeal process.....this would keep it to certain areas, certain market analysis..ect...any ideas to help me? are we allowed to advertise tax appeals? any input would be appreciated...thanks, Torrey

Last edited:

Tim Schneider

Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
I would be cautious about saying values declined when marketing to specific people, could come across as a value opinion It would be alot of work to be USPAP compliant for every property you marketed to.

3 Putt

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Ohio
Beware of the question of how much money can they save. Adjusting their valuation down slightly may only save $50 a year. At that rate it would take 7 years to justify that $350 appraisal fee.

tmeyer

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
> Good point. But, what I would do is show them our local MLS Grid
> Appreciation report....here they break down the statistics by
> neighborhood so it wouldn't be my opinion, but the opinion of the
> Rockford Area Association of Realtors. I would also, before I did
> anything, analyze the values of some of the houses to see what range
> they are in, compare it to the assessed value and the reports. My own
> private analysis! Sometimes it's just a few homes but in some areas it
> is most homes. Question, when doing an appraisal for tax purposes, what
> would be my effective date? If the assessed value is going to be for
> 2007, would my effective date be 12/31/2007 or 01/01/2007? Any thoughts?

PaulNHS

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Arizona
I would think that you would get more than 1,000's of visitors if you had 5,000 pages indexed.

Doug in NC

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Was performing AVM's nationwide when I couldn't keep up,,, my site recieves a lot of hits,,,

LowTaxRate.com was created in response to the current crisis in property tax assessments. We all know that time is wasted performing value checks that never turn into business, did you ever consider them as potential assessment clients? Property tax consulting provides the option to create a consistent income. It is estimated that 60% of homes in America are over assessed, tap into this niche market and offer your service to this growing majority of Americans, the Over Assessed.
Our site receives 1000’s of unique visitors looking for our help. With nearly 5000 pages of content indexed with Google and Yahoo most of our traffic is derived from homeowners searching for us. We recently realized the effort providing AVM’s nationwide seemed daunting, we are now offering county listing partnerships on a first come first served basis. These exclusive listings will be a win-win situation and allow us to grow together.

www.lowtaxrate.com/vendors

You need an introductory 6 month listing period at a reduced rate, or better yet FREE. Too many appraisers have been scammed by websites that advertise for appraiser services. Prove to appraisers that your site offers a valid service. If we find value in a listing service, we are willing to pay to keep such a service. But many experienced appraisers have found that claims of improving business are often only just that.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
1000's of monthly visitors

suggest supporting the claim above with a "HIT-OMETER" ON THE SITE to enhance your credibility and viability.

KenRossman

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
List in your home county for FREE in the only on-line directory that specifically targets non-lender business (since 1996) - All Area Appraisal http://www.quickval.com/ [register button near bottom on left ] [use Registration code: aafree and Registration Amount: 0 to register for free ] and google "tax grievance" to see where we place...

Last edited:

tmeyer

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Lot of good advise here....I know ALAMODE has a new general form for appraisal such as these.. anyone know of a form in Nova Day 1...I haven't updated my Nova in over a year because of $$$...I did update my ALAMODE in January but I have only used it to convert my Nova files for some of my clients...I am trying to figure out their system because I would like to switch over everything...I like ALAMODE but it's so different then NOVA...and the older I get...the harder it is ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks