• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Marketing ideas I am working on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Alabama
I have been very busy working on marketing this past few weeks. Work was slow (yea, some of us are not covered up with work) so I spent the time wisely. (I think) I have worked on analyzing Market Statistics and have written a Newsletter that I will publish quarterly and send to the Realtors and Mortgage companies. Of course my name is prominently on it.

I have worked on an ideas for a monthly column for the Newspaper and I am almost ready to approach the papers and see what happens. These columns would be written from the Appraisers and Home Inspectors viewpoint instead of the Realtors. I think that could be unique in its self!

I am also toying with another idea to get my name out there in the public. I love old cars and I am especially fond of station wagons and trucks. I am thinking of buying something unique. Like a 1950’s station wagon and putting my company name on the side and driving it on jobs and to the Post Office and just whenever weather is permitting. Old cars always get attention and it makes a hobby a business expense if I let the company buy it. People love to talk about old cars and that’s always a good time to create some goodwill and pass out a business card too. Would also be good to include in any adds. I probably will not do this till I get my new house built and have a shop where I can work on it and store it.

For the time being I have thought about taking my full size truck and customizing it so that is stands out. It could use a new paint job so I am thinking of having something custom done to it, nothing to bold but just something to make it stand out. Then lowering it and adding some custom wheels. Lowered trucks stand stand out because they look so different. Then I want to put on a camper shell with no side windows in it and have my logo and company name put on as large as possible. Every time I drive it I am advertising. Getting my name but most importantly my logo out there for people to see.

One other thing I have done is created a logo. The man in my avatar looking at a house. I use it on everything including my phone book ad. I had magnetic signs made with him on there and put them on my truck. I use him on my letterhead, business cards, any advertising. In other words on everything! My thought is if people can’t remember the company name they can remember the logo.

As a side note there is an idea a friend of mine gave me. We were talking about the vehicle idea and she came up with a great idea. I took a photo I found a and edited it using her idea. :lol:

dealkiller.jpg

We decided if this didn't work we could probably get some work driving kids to the prom. :)

Claudia Cullen

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Massachusetts
I liked your marketing ideas, Jeff. :D :D But when I saw your "Deal Killer"...... ROFL ROFL ROFL

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
State
Alabama
Thanks Claudia. I was begging to wonder if anyone was reading this forum. :) I knew that was good for a laugh. Phyliss, my freind that suggested this, couldn't talk to me for laughing at it. It was her idea by the way.

Dee Dee

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I haven't even had my coffee yet and you started my day with a good laugh. Thank you Jeff!

Bill_FL

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
On the back window, you should have one of those "on board" diamonds that says..

Your dead mortgage on board

Bill_FL

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
My great grandfather sold real estate. He had very distinctive cars his whole career and always had commentss on them.

I wanted to get a fat fendered chevy truck and make it a hot rod and paint it to match my boat. (Dark metalic green with metalic gold stripes)

I wanted to drive that as my inspection vehicle, however, the wife put her foot down. Too many toys all ready.

Tim The Enchanter

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Lowered trucks stand stand out because they look so different.

Low Ri Der.... :lol:

And the picture? Priceless! :lol: On the floor. :lol:

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
State
Delaware
Jeff, Jeff, Jeffffff................ :D :D That photo is a winner! And, I LOVE the house!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks