• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Mask Insanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dublin ohio

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
They are vaccinating on moderna and Pfizer like crazy in Shelby County. I just heard one lady died on that J&J. Another is in critical condition. J&J may have problems there.
My guess is that they will find a common factor among those affected. Just a guess.

Sean Sutton

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Missouri
I don't know how many of you believe in masks, but I refuse to wear them. I don't think they work and they are bad for your health. It is another way they want to control us by taking away our personalities and keeping us in line like little sheep. If a business won't let me in without a mask I don't do business with them. If they have a sign on the door requiring a mask I go in without one and 95% of the time no one says anything. If someone says something I tell them I don't wear a mask for health reasons. If they insist I wear a mask, I just leave, no big deal.

If you want to wear a mask that's your right, and I respect that. But respect my right not to wear one. Dr. Mercola explains the hazards of masks for the lungs and the environment:

Good for you! People have to be bold. I don't wear one anywhere except for lunch and if a client asks...I have stopped eating out at dinner over the mask deal.

I immediately bond with other anti-maskers everywhere I go, which is so fun. Its like an immediate party in the isle at Lowes.

This has gone on long enough. I have three kids (8,12,16) and can tell you it affects their mental health in ways we cannot fully understand. I had to home school my 12 year old for 9 months b/c she could not handle the computer work/schooling at home without any supervision. My kids are tough though and will absolutely trounce these little scaredy pants in the game of life. My oldest is number one in her class of over 400.

Me and my family love our freedom and resent being told what to do...like good little Americans. We need to quit being such little babies.

Zoe

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee
My guess is that they will find a common factor among those affected. Just a guess.
They haven't really tied the two together yet. 6.8 million is a bunch of people. However I feel sorry for the lady that had a blood clot and died and her family.

I have many medical professionals in my family and they have all taken moderna or Pfizer. I have 4 doctors that are immediate family. One is still going to school. The one still going to school have their doctorate. They are specializing. So 3 and and 1 still specializing. They have seen it all.

Last edited:

Zoe

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
We clash on health care quite frequently. :fencing:

Zoe

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
One is Orthopedic surgeon, One is Dr of physical therapy, One is doctor of pharmacy, One is doctor of dentistry.

Zoe

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
To mask or not to mask, that is the question.
It's not in my home county inside a business. They put down a mandate. When you go through the front door there are signs everywhere that says a mask is "required".

They will give you one if you don't have one.
The health dept enforces it on the business. So say somebody who favors masks calls health dept and says so and so business don't have signs up and is not following the mandate. What do you think happens? I can tell you what happens. A warning is first. A fine is second and "shut down" is next.

Last edited:

Fernando

Professional Status
State
California
I step out and what do I see. All y'all crazy beliefs of some kind of mask conspiracy. Ridiculous.
Wearing mask is better than wearing no mask during this pandemic. It's a fact. No brainer.
Vaccines are the way to go in wiping out this virus.
J&J vaccine is unfortunate and fortunately only a tiny segment has been adversely affected - women ages 16 to 48 with prior blood issues.
My understanding is that when the vaccine was tested (like many), it was tested mainly on males. Why more women weren't study, I don't know.
Why didn't the FDA or CDC ask why more women weren't considered in the trials, I don't know. That's another systemic issue for another time.
As soon as more is understood about J&J vaccine, the vaccine can be limited to certain group of people who are less susceptible to blood clots.
So stop whining and do your patriotic part in not spreading COVID19.

Last edited:

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I step out and what do I see. All y'all crazy beliefs of some kind of mask conspiracy. Ridiculous.
Wearing mask is better than wearing no mask during this pandemic. It's a fact. No brainer.
Vaccines are the way to go in wiping out this virus.
J&J vaccine is unfortunate and fortunately only a tiny segment has been adversely affected - women ages 16 to 48 with prior blood issues.
My understanding is that when the vaccine was tested (like many), it was tested mainly on males. Why more women weren't study, I don't know.
Why didn't the FDA or CDC ask why more women weren't considered in the trials, I don't know.
"The main findings of this study should be interpreted in the context of a large body of evidence showing sex differences in COVID-19 survival. COVID-19 appears to affect men more severely than women" https://www.thelancet.com/journals/eclinm/article/PIIS2589-5370(20)30396-5/fulltext
That's another systemic issue for another time.
Ah, I see accuse some of us as Conspiracy Nuts and then go on to point out your own Conspiracy Nut theory.

General Colin

“Don’t be buffaloed by experts and elites.
Experts often possess more data than judgment.
Elites can become so inbred that they produce hemophiliacs who bleed to death as soon as they are nicked by the real world.”
-------------------------------

Compare Risk Factors of Covid-19 Vaccine against Risk Factors of Birth Control Medicine AKA Birth Control Pills.

Last edited:

jay trotta

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Connecticut

1918 Flu Pandemic​

Unusually Deadly Influenza Pandemic
The Spanish flu, also known as the 1918 influenza pandemic, was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic caused by the H1N1 influenza A virus. Lasting from February 1918 to April 1920, it infected 500 million people – about a third of the world's population at the time – in four successive waves. The death toll is typically estimated to have been somewhere between 20 million and 50 million, although estimates range from a conservative 17 million to a possible high of 100 million, making it one of the deadliest pandemics in human history.

Read up on the History, there appear to be a lot of similarities (the Mask was used at the time, even then). Although difficult to asses, I know in our state, there have been less typical Flu cases vs a non-mask year(s). I know people that see the numbers daily and the stats are not there; it is whatever Your comfortable with, so you do you however you see fit. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks