• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Mask Insanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evincere

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
We can tell those that follow the Fauci Bouncing Ball “science”
masks have nothing to do with Fauci, per se. Who in their right mind with any common sense or modicum of intelligence who was watching the outbreak in China was naive enough to think that what ww witnessed in China wasn’t coming here?. Who, in their right mind thought the US or any other country was going to be immune and go unscathed?

And yet People are carrying on and bemoaning the lack of commen sense? Common sense would have declared Fauci an idiot from the get go for telling people masks were useless - I know I did And totally ignored his NS advisories. I wore a mask as soon as the first cases were being reported here in the US. It was only a matter of time. But we know now why he made the call and watching him back peddling and geting away with his miserable excuses about shortages is criminal. I don’t like the man, I never did.

And I’m sure the loss of life in the beginning would have been mitigated had any of them advised otherwise. Dr Brix included. The damage they did is inexcusable , especially when the virus became a political football and mask wearing became the subject of freedom of choice vs being controlled By the government. The horse left the barn long before the “experts” started
screaming fire.

Americans are creative, we could have engineered our own masks, if shortages were the problem - millions of women have sewing machines. I’ll never forgive Fauci or Brix for what they did and don’t listen much to his mamby pambering. Then again, they were dealing with a difficult Commander in Chief.

But regardless of where it originated the virus is very real and shouldn’t ever, ever be underestimated. Those that want to play Russian Roulette with their own lives have the freedom to do so - I no longer begrudge them their choice.

if they want to get sick (long haulers) or die? Oh well. A virus such as Covid couldn’t give a crap about a persons politics - every one is game for infection

Last edited:
Reactions: Zoe

Evincere

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
There has to be a balance between social people living a normal life, and protecting ourselves and each other from anything harmful. It appears variants are increasing. The long-awaited vaccines now have a useful life of 3-6 months, even the two dose ones. So what does that mean, mask-wearing AND 2 vaccines a year AND social distancing forever? No thanks.

It is becoming increasingly apparent that the end game to this is not in sight. Will it just 'go away' like other plagues in the past, or be an annual thing like influenza? I certainly don't know, but I will be frank when I say I am sick and tired of wearing them, and all the restrictions still in place more than one year later. I watch more businesses close in my area every week. No one works anymore because unemployment benefits continue, even as every business that IS still around has about 4 help wanted signs around their property.

The experiment in how far can the powers that be push its citizens around needs to end.
The 1918 flu is still with us, in that sense,” said Ann Reid, the executive director of the National Center for Science Education who successfully sequenced the genetic makeup of the 1918 influenza virus in the 1990s. “It never went away.”

Experts say there’s this natural progression where a virus often — but not always — becomes less lethal as time wears on. It’s in the best interest of the virus for it to spread before killing the host.

And this round Of an inevitable plague will pass as well -

I read this book many many years ago. What happened then, is happening now, and will happen again in the future.

“The strongest weapon against pandemic is the truth. Read why in the definitive account of the 1918 Flu Epidemic.

“Magisterial in its breadth of perspective and depth of research, The Great Influenza provides us with a precise and sobering model as we confront the epidemics looming on our own horizon. As Barry concludes, "The final lesson of 1918, a simple one yet one most difficult to execute, is that...those in authority must retain the public's trust. The way to do that is to distort nothing, to put the best face on nothing, to try to manipulate no one.

Lincoln said that first, and best. A leader must make whatever horror exists concrete. Only then will people be able to break it apart."

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0143036491/?tag=realestatappraat

When I saw the very first Reports coming out of China..I knew, it was time to mask up whether it helped or not. And Screw what ever Fauci said at the time....about masks be “Useless “

Last edited:
Reactions: Zoe

Fernando

Professional Status
State
California
I don't know how many of you believe in masks, but I refuse to wear them. I don't think they work and they are bad for your health. It is another way they want to control us by taking away our personalities and keeping us in line like little sheep. If a business won't let me in without a mask I don't do business with them. If they have a sign on the door requiring a mask I go in without one and 95% of the time no one says anything. If someone says something I tell them I don't wear a mask for health reasons. If they insist I wear a mask, I just leave, no big deal.

If you want to wear a mask that's your right, and I respect that. But respect my right not to wear one. Dr. Mercola explains the hazards of masks for the lungs and the environment:

Not sure if you are pulling our leg. Masks work.
Back in 1918, people wore masks. It's amazing we don't have anything better besides wearing masks and vaccines in over 100 years.

Zoe

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee
"The worst enemy we have is our own fear"

~Yogi tea

Zoe

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Not sure if you are pulling our leg. Masks work.
Back in 1918, people wore masks. It's amazing we don't have anything better besides wearing masks and vaccines in over 100 years.
I agree, If you have it, they have to stop the droplets from spreading as much in the air. I don't like wearing them but something about it makes me feel better about myself. I think it is like I don't want to give it to anybody. It makes me think if I have it, I am less likely to give it to somebody else.

I throw mine ( I have several) in washing machine with my clothes after every use. I understand the risk if you don't keep them clean and keep reusing them. I just wash them like dishes, toothbrushes and clothes. I run my toothbrushes through dishwasher. That dishwasher gets hot. It will kill about anything alive. Detergent will too.

I don't miss many days on showering or bathing either. Like maybe 1 or 2 a year. :ROFLMAO:

I am truly blessed. I told you.

Last edited:

Zoe

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I think about dentist and doctors that wear them everyday. It is just how it is. They don't do that for no reason. Have you ever looked at surgery room? Everybody in there has a mask on. When a baby is born, everybody has a mask on.

Zoe

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I have different varieties of masks. Including the upper class. I wash them too. I wash lower class and upper class masks the same way after every use.. I got a new washer/dryer combo that is crazy. You can control it from your smart phone. It takes care of covid or anything else bacterial or viral. Nothing alive will survive in that washing machine/dryer combo. Same with old washing machines and dryers. Nothing alive can survive in that environment.

Last edited:

Zoe

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
They have an oversupply of vaccines in Shelby County right now. You can go to one location and get a $25 gift card to several location businesses. I guess the businesses donated the gift cards.

It's like first 2,500. That's like $62,500 that businesses donated.

Ken B

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I think about dentist and doctors that wear them everyday. It is just how it is. They don't do that for no reason. Have you ever looked at surgery room? Everybody in there has a mask on. When a baby is born, everybody has a mask on.
But not the patient. Wonder why that is?

Zoe

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
But not the patient. Wonder why that is?
I can ask the doctors in my family. Idk.. I guess it is because they don't want to share anything with patient. In surgery, they are completely covered up and scrub down before they cover up. In other risk environments, they cover up to different degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks