• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Mckay May Revive Fight Over Tax Exemption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Colston

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
In yesterday's FLORIDA TODAY the Associated Press reported out of Tallahassee the following:

"The fight over sales tax exemptions, which dominated the Capitol in spring 2002 is about to resurface.

Former state Senate President John McKay said Thursday he has decided to start a petition drive to bring the issue to voters in November 2004.

The Bradenton businessman said he would announce details of the proposed constitutional amendment today."

So it looks like Mr. McKay can't leave well enough alone. I remember the bookkeeping nightmare this same issue caused in 1986 when I owned a small hair salon in Ft. Lauderdale. I just can't see being able to charge the out of state lenders 6% SERVICE tax. Then there is the double taxation this could cause the consumer who could be charged by the Realtor, the home inspector, then the mortgage broker, than the appraiser and so and so on and so on. :eyecrazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks