• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Meeting Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Reilly

Anyone from this forum going?

INDUSTRY ADVISORY COUNCIL
MEETING NOTICE

The Industry Advisory Council (IAC) of the Appraisal Foundation would like to invite you to attend the next IAC meeting, which will take place on Friday, June 27, 2003 at the Westin New York at Times Square (270 West 43rd Street, New York, NY 10036). The general IAC meeting will be held from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. following lunch with the Appraisal Standards Board beginning at 12:00 p.m.

The Appraisal Standards Board will host a public hearing on the topic, Scope of Work and the Role of Departure in the Appraisal Process from 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

In order for staff to have an accurate meeting count, please confirm your attendance by contacting Arika Cole-Smith by email at [email protected], by phone at (202) 624-3072, or by fax at (202) 624-3073.

Lodging Accommodations:

The Appraisal Foundation has reserved a block of guest rooms at the Westin New York at Times Square (270 West 43rd Street, New York, NY 10036). For meeting attendees, rooms are at a discounted rate of $208.00 single/double per night (excluding tax). Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel directly at (800) 228-3000. In order to receive the discounted rate, mention to the reservations department you are an attendee of The Appraisal Foundation. In order to receive the discounted rate, reservations must be made prior to the May 25, 2003 cut-off date. Hotel rooms are very limited, make your reservations today!

Arika Cole-Smith

Council Administrator

The Appraisal Foundation

Ghost Rider

Professional Status
Banking/Mortgage Industry
State
Connecticut
Love to go, but I'm guessing I'll be too busy doing appraisals since it's during the work week.........

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
I would strongly urge anyone that could possibly to attend to do so. Meet the people that determine our fate, listen to their comments and make your own comments! I attended one last year in Scottsdale, about 50 people from around the entire country were there and a large variety of speakers. Anyone can sign up to speak and it is an education listening to the various viewpoints. I was extremely disappointed in Arizona appraisers, there were only about five in the room. There should have been at least ten times that many from Arizona!! That is the purpose of the meetings being held in different parts of the country. Schedule some vacation time, go see the sights of NYC, attend the meeting and write off your vacation trip as a business expense.

So, if you are on the east coast----go to the meeting!!!!!

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Waiting for them to put one on in Walsenberg Colorado (sex change capital of the US) at the Motel 8 with rooms for $28.88 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks