• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Mega Industrial And Warehouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

D. Keith Jones

Freshman Member
I have two assignments that require comps that are likely atypical in any market.

1) 1 million square feet of climate controlled production facility. High tech, very good quality and condition.

2) 2 million SF of distribution warehouse. (actually two of these, one with cold storage, one without)

Any help would be appreciated and I will give whatever I find to those who respond.

Thanks.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
One of these mega warehouses came up for valuation in an assessment appeal several years ago in my home county which houses Wal-Mart. Need I say more about who was appealing.

Most of their comps were near major airports. Could check with them. Or, you could contact Wal-Mart HDQ in Bentonville, AR. Ask for Mike Pyron in the property management/ tax division. He was the appraiser and is Arkansas's 0001 appraiser. He was the guy who put an appraiser in jail with his testimony when Pyron worked for the RTC in Little Rock. That errant appraiser was involved in appraising property in exchange for personal loans in the infamous Whitewater Scandal.

Another source might be Integra Realty Resources, a large appraisal firm in Brentwood, TN. They did the Consolidated Freightways warehouses for the Bankruptcy court (see Doug Smiths post on those on-line appraisals)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks