• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Metroscan / ACI

Status
Not open for further replies.

vargasteve

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Downloading a metroscan TIF file from the net (which is GREAT quality) loads into my report nicely. However, after exporting it into the plat map although I can put arrows onto the map, the arrows are so small they are useless - anyone had similar problem & sucess with fixing it?

Susan Herm

Freshman Member
Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Pennsylvania
If you add an arrow using the edit map feature in ACI you can adjust the size & position as well as text color for your arrow. If it is too small just make the font size larger & the arrow will automatically enlarge to fit the text.
Good Luck!
Susan

vargasteve

Professional Status
State
California
Yes - ofcourse we tried to change size of the arrow - however at the largest size its TOO SMALL to be seen!

Susan Herm

Freshman Member
Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Pennsylvania
Did you try to type in a font size? If you set the font to say 300 your arrow should be over 3 inches long & almost an inch wide. I hope this works for you. Good Luck!
Susan

vargasteve

Professional Status
State
California
No that doesn't work - we tried that - thanks for the suggestion.

Aaron Klinger

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Steve,

What is your operating system? I also have Metroscan Online, but map quality is lousy when exported to my ACI maps pages no matter what file format I use (metroscan has 5 standard export file types on plat maps).

Sorry that I don't have the answer to your arrow problem since you are trying to add an acceptable arrow size after the image is exported to ACI. There are some problems when annotating maps in Metroscan and then bringing them over.

Aaron Klinger

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
This is great, now I'm sending posts to myself. Actually, this is a correction to my earlier post. You did not say that you were using Metroscan Online, you said that you used metroscan from the net. This could include more than one Metroscan product via the web (Win2Data, etc.). Which online product is it?

vargasteve

Professional Status
State
California
I'm trying out this Realquest product they have which is apparently similar to the W2data that they also have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks