• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Midnight visitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendy

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I got woken up to the dogs going nuts last night around 1am. It wasn't the half-hearted "'possum on the patio" bark, but rather the frantic "danger! danger! death!" bark.

Husband & I jumped out of bed (w/ nary a stitch of clothing on between us) and went to the back door were the dogs were both in full guard mode. Talk about mean and angry - the girls were ready to kick some serious arse!

Flicked on the patio light and were face to snout with a full grown black bear. Surprise! The back patio door is a full light french door. Yep, just a bit 'o glass between naked us and our big ursine friend. That'll get your heart racing. We all stood there staring at each other for a couple seconds before he ambled away. Too bad I didn't grab my camera.

I figured he was in the backyard after oranges; but daylight proved me wrong. Mr. Bear had plucked the window mounted bird feeders and emptied them without spilling a bit. Tore down and emptied the hanging feeder in the yard too.

Guess I'll be bringing in my feeders at night.

Last edited:

Wendy

Professional Status
State
Florida
For the bear - not me!!!! :rof: :rof: On second thought - the reflection in the glass could have been bad. :D

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Bear meat is ummm good!:new_snipersmilie:

murray stroupe

Professional Status
General Public
State
Tennessee
Bird Feeders

My sister& her husband had her bird feeder on her kitchen widow sill;
but that was in big city.

Personally i leave bar-b-q grill on porch;
but the only bears i see are stuff like Citigroup. Not that i saw a bear yesterday ,LOL.Spell checker says change Citigroup to subgroup.Funny.

Probably should mention, a female friend gave me some honey-Christmas;
nation of origin=USA, Canada,Uruguay, Argentina.....
Packaged in TX, its package is in the shape of a bear.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Bear meat is ummm good!:new_snipersmilie:

I don't eat bear and the bear don't eat me. Told to me by a Blackfoot Brother in the 60's up near Chief Mountain Ranger Station, Mt.

-----------------

Just what the the H do you think the bear thought went he seen the two of you standing there buck naked. Ever figured why he "ambled away" He's no doubt still shaking in his tracks. Send us pics and we will on vote as to if you could have caused that poor critter to have a heart attack.

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
I don't eat bear and the bear don't eat me. Told to me by a Blackfoot Brother in the 60's up near Chief Mountain Ranger Station, Mt.

-----------------

Just what the the H do you think the bear thought went he seen the two of you standing there buck naked. Ever figured why he "ambled away" He's no doubt still shaking in his tracks. Send us pics and we will on vote as to if you could have caused that poor critter to have a heart attack.

ROFL:laugh:

Ms. Janet

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida

:rof::rof::rof::rof:

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
If I was checking out a ruckus in the middle of the night, I don't think I'd do it with little Tom and the twins swinging in the breeze. Then again, whoever it was would probably die laughing, saving me a bullet.

Non Sequitur

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Louisiana
Are you sure it wasn't a forum member? I hear a few dress up as bears on occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks