• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Mike Foil: Author of the "Appraisers Petition".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad Pack

Professional Status
General Public
State
California
It has been months since his last post.

Just curious.

Em Tee

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
And Paulette in Texas? Geez, lots of missing people from the old board!

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
And Paulette in Texas? Geez, lots of missing people from the old board!

Paulette had last posted on the old board on Dec 25th. Bobby on Dec 22nd, Mike Foil last posted Sept. 3rd. So it's not the new board (opened for biz on 1/15), they hadn't been posting anyway.

People get busy, other interests, etc.

Stephen J. Vertin MAI

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois
I thought Mike wrote he was retiring or getting out of the business once did'nt he? Maybe not. I am not sure. But I kind of remember something like that being posted.

Steve Vertin

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
I thought Mike wrote he was retiring or getting out of the business once did'nt he? Maybe not. I am not sure. But I kind of remember something like that being posted.

Steve Vertin
Didn't see that, but I don't read all the posts.

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
Just saw and talked to him at a seminar about 10 days ago. He is still ver actively appraising and very busy. I will try to contact him in the next few days. Have 30 minutes to get ready to leave for Phoenix myself, and a report to finish!

Paulette in Texas

Sophomore Member
If they make it any more convuluted...they can start sending smoke signals cause it will get their faster. Can't say I am very impressed with all the new smiling emoticons or any of the other crapola that now shows up all over the place. If the intent is to limit postings...then it has arrived. Signing on was a system in futility and frustration. Or login or whatever. The outcome? what went from reasonable and follow the thread now seems like just too much work. They may get 2500 more responses, I don't know. At this point, I don't think I care. Paulette in Tx
Are we supposed to sign up for computer lingo classes and maintain USPAP compliance or is that just for the really with it ones. Good luck and thanks for asking.
go w...Rotts rule but Shih Tzu arrived

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
If they make it any more convuluted...they can start sending smoke signals cause it will get their faster. Can't say I am very impressed with all the new smiling emoticons or any of the other crapola that now shows up all over the place. If the intent is to limit postings...then it has arrived. Signing on was a system in futility and frustration. Or login or whatever. The outcome? what went from reasonable and follow the thread now seems like just too much work. They may get 2500 more responses, I don't know. At this point, I don't think I care. Paulette in Tx
Paulette,

Okay you made it on your own with no help now give it a chance before you start complaining about the change right off the bat.

Give it 20 posts or at least 1 week of using the software. Learn the features and the benefits then pass judgement. As an appraiser you should be open minded and gather all the facts and explore all the links then if you want to call it crap, go ahead. However the great majority of the response has been very favorable.

NO the intent is not to limit posts. Except I do want to limit posting by those who come here and post SPAM advertising, post using phony emails, post just to cause trouble and things like that.

The big reason for the change is to make the forum a better tool for appraisers to communicate with each other. With the categories one can actually find something that was posted a month ago. I had complaints about the old system that the posts were impossible to keep up with due to the volume and lack of organization into topics. Here you only have to read the topic that interests you and you can easily get the new messages that were posted since your last visit if you will just click that link.

I am happy that you're over your illness, welcome back! :D :D

Damon Pedersen

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Iowa
Paulette!!

Whoa, chill out. Change is good, right? Glad you are back, rotts, ****zu and all.

I like the new system. I DO NOT like the yellow faces that everyone is putting into their posts..it makes them harder to read, but what the heck.

Maybe Paulette invested too much in Enron and that explains why she is crabby???

Damon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks