• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Minimum Lake Size For Skiing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alison Swain

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Anyone know the minimum size a lake would need to be before water skiing would be feasible?

I've got a purchase on a small pond/lake that most definitely IS NOT conducive to skiing, but the dumbazz/scumbag real estate bimbo insists that it is.

The fact that it's June in FLORIDA and none of the neighbors are out in a motorized boat on the weekend doesn't seem to indicate anything strange to her.

BTW, sales price is $440K. I came in at $395K. The realtard is hanging her hat on the lot being on a ski lake.

PBKlingensmith

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Realtard....love it. To answer your question though. No Idea on lake size.

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
............but the dumbazz/scumbag real estate bimbo insists that it is............

Alison, I am not clear how you feel about this Realtor. You might not want to mince your words, just tell us how you REALLY feel about her.

CCAAMO

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
How big is the lake and how deep is it? I did a lake property on 26 acres with 70 lots which had plenty of room for water skiing.

Ken Youngkrantz

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Alison.. is this a private of public lake? Do they allow motorized watercraft? Do they limit the motor size, speed, boat size, wake size? June and no one on the water. Sounds fishy.

c w d

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
I've no idea. Does the lake have a launch? If not then skiing would not be a use of the lake. No boats = no skiing.

Realtors never cease to amaze me. I've seen them call to what amounts to a drainage ditch a "creek front property". And I've seen them call a property that required a 300 yard trek through swamp and marsh to a creek you could spit across "prime navigable water front property"

aussie ken

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Australia
Anyone know the minimum size a lake would need to be before water skiing would be feasible?

I've got a purchase on a small pond/lake that most definitely IS NOT conducive to skiing, but the dumbazz/scumbag real estate bimbo insists that it is.

The fact that it's June in FLORIDA and none of the neighbors are out in a motorized boat on the weekend doesn't seem to indicate anything strange to her.

BTW, sales price is $440K. I came in at $395K. The realtard is hanging her hat on the lot being on a ski lake.

Now now Alison its not good for your blood pressure..........for me a minimum size would be ~10 Acres of water at least 4' deep. But thats just me.

Wendy

Professional Status
State
Florida
Alison - check with the county and see if motors are even allowed on the lake.

Nobody out skiing in June is a good clue. Both ski lakes by me were buzzing all weekend with multiple boats.

hglenbetts

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Big enough to not hit the docks/shore as you slalom. Deep enough not to get stuck in the mud if you have a hard fall:wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks