• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Missed Easement work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frederick R. Ruffell

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Any suggestions on how to develop some "missed easement" work. My notion is to solicit title companies.

xmrdfghap

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
Title companies would be good.....and you might seek out the title insurers.....the peopel who actually underwrite the title insurance. And as one filnal thought, get hold of your states list of easement attorneys.....while they may specialize in eminent domain, they probably get into private fights as well.....it should be available from your dept of transportation or corporation commission.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
Ah Ha, I see what you are talking about now. Like Judy said, maybe you can scan the county records (hopefully on computer) and look for corporate owners. Or read the legal ads every month to see if the title companies post notices of claim.

Judy Whitehead (Florida)

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Other work that you might do for title companies....

I know of instances where they had to purchase entire properties due to some sort of title defect, or someone's mistake, etc. I run across deed transfers sometime with something like "Commonwealth Insurers...etc." as the "buyer." (Just a made up name - you can tell when you see them, though.) This would be similar to REO work.

sam strahan

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Texas
i know how to get some easement work. talk to the lawyers! just recently a pipeline company put in a co2 gas pipeline across my county. the pipeline company hired a large oil and gas law firm, who then hired the appraiser. how do i know this? i work for the only title company in town and i didnt know anything until the easements started rolling in. then i talked with the appraiser at the courthouse. anyway, market yourself to law firms in the area. glad to be here! glad to be an appraier soon1 two more months maybe!

sam :sniper:

Phil McDonald

Professional Status
State
Colorado
Hi Fredrick,
The few calls I have had for this type of work have always come by referall from a Realtor. In each case, a borrower found a defect and the title company required that they have an appraisal done to prove the damages. The first person the homeowner calls is the Realtor that sold them the house.
This is just my limited experience...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks