• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Missing HUD Plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAM

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Hello Fellow Appraisers,

For the life of me, I could not find the HUD plate on the manufactured home. Does anyone know where I can obtain that information when it could be covered or painted over? There was vinyl siding on the exterior everywhere and I looked inside of closets and cabinets finding nothing.

Is there a website I can get the HUD plate information or do I just put N/A on the HUD Plate section of the 1004C report?

Thank you for all of your help!

JAM

Noreen

Professional Status
State
New Hampshire
Hello Fellow Appraisers,

For the life of me, I could not find the HUD plate on the manufactured home. Does anyone know where I can obtain that information when it could be covered or painted over? There was vinyl siding on the exterior everywhere and I looked inside of closets and cabinets finding nothing.

Is there a website I can get the HUD plate information or do I just put N/A on the HUD Plate section of the 1004C report?

Thank you for all of your help!

JAM

In my states, it is written into the original bill of sale/acquisition deed. But you have to disclose your source. If your state is different then I would go into the local building office and go through the property building folder for that unit or land & building. Good Luck.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Disclose and make it 'subject to'. There is a service that the lenders use to verify the HUD data plates. Wife has had this several times, lenders have sent the data back for her to sign off, other times cleared it.

JasonHaskell

Professional Status
State
Oregon
Make sure you are using your terms correctly as well - the Data Plate is a paper sheet usually pasted inside a cabinet or closet, most typically under the kitchen sink or in the utility room on newer homes. The HUD tags are the metal credit card sized tags affixed to the exterior of each section. When you talk about data plates, it is NOT those red exterior metal plates.

Andy Taylor

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Had a newer manufactured home listed for sale and could not for the life of me find the data plate. It was an estate sale so no owner to provide help. Looked in every cabinet and closet in the home numerous times thinking it has to be somewhere. None of the areas where data plates are typically found appeared to have been altered, etc. Finally found it in a very narrow cabinet next to the refrigerator. Almost impossible to see from a normal angle. Had to use my cell camera to get a photo as you could not visually see the information due to its placement. In 30 years of appraising and sales this had to be the strangest, most out of place location that I have ever seen a data plate.

andrew81

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois

Vermonter

Professional Status
State
Vermont
Had a newer manufactured home listed for sale and could not for the life of me find the data plate. It was an estate sale so no owner to provide help. Looked in every cabinet and closet in the home numerous times thinking it has to be somewhere. None of the areas where data plates are typically found appeared to have been altered, etc. Finally found it in a very narrow cabinet next to the refrigerator. Almost impossible to see from a normal angle. Had to use my cell camera to get a photo as you could not visually see the information due to its placement. In 30 years of appraising and sales this had to be the strangest, most out of place location that I have ever seen a data plate.

The last few newer ones I've done had the same issue. One inside a sink vanity in a half bath and another between the stacked washer and wall of the laundry room about a foot off the floor. Somebody must be bored at the plant or letting their kids install them.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Always like an Easter Egg hunt. Too bad there isn't a standard. Maybe it would be helpful to advise the point of contract, ie., agent or home owner...you need to see this when making the phone call setting up the inspection appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks