• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Missing Kids - How You Can Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
For the next 24 hours I have decided to fore-go all advertising at AppraisersForum.com and exclusively run the banner for the The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children . This banner shows pictures and information about some of the children that are missing and links to the national center at http://www.missingkids.com.

Since appraisers travel a lot and come in contact with lots of people there is always the slight chance that one of these children could be recognized and helped. But even more of a possibility is this will make you aware of the work of the The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children and you will find a way to help.

Do you know about the AMBER plan? The AMBER alert network will become national in scope as congress has just passed new legislation. (Prosecutorial Remedies and Other Tools to End the Exploitation of Children Today Act of 2003). The AMBER plan was created in 1996 in memory of Amber Hagerman, a 9 year old girl who was kidnapped and murdered in Texas.

So look at the pictures, click on the banner, go to the web site at http://www.missingkids.com and find out all about them and do what you can.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children is a non-profit organization that began in 1984. One of the co-founders is John Walsh and I am sure everyone is aware of what happened to his 6 year old son Adam.

Thank you!

(Note to advertisers: You will receive all of the banner exposures you have paid for, I am just suspending regular advertising for the next 24 hours. Thanks for your support!)

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Thanks to all who viewed the post and read about the plight of the missing children. In the 24 hours that the Missing Children banner ran it was shown over 3,000 times.

I plan to donate ad space for the Missing Children banner on a regular basis.

Dee Dee

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Thank you, Wayne. :)

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
Good for you, Wayne! I noticed the ad. Maybe it will help find a missing kid. At least you've made an effort. Could you put such a banner on the web sites you host for appraisers?

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Originally posted by David S. Roberson@Apr 15 2003, 08:47 AM
Good for you, Wayne! I noticed the ad. Maybe it will help find a missing kid. At least you've made an effort. Could you put such a banner on the web sites you host for appraisers?
Yes, it would be no problem, send me a PM or email if you want this done to your website. Please tell me where you want the banner placed.

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Good for you Wayne. I was recently in the state of Oregon and there was an amber alert. The child was found within an hour or two. It is a great system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks