• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

MLS/public Records Importer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozz

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
As an appraiser, I’m always looking for ways to be more efficient and accurate, as well as spend more time with my family. I heard about DataMaster (which is a MLS, Public record importer which will auto fill all the subject and comp information as well as fill out the 1004MC.) but DataMaster is not in Alameda/Contra Costa counties for MLS (Paragon Maxebrd). I tried a competitor for a half year and had nothing but problems. Then I found Spark in the Alamode TOTAL store and it is amazing.

In simple terms, all you must do is open your MLS, find your subject, choose your comps, go back a year for 1004MC information, take out all the criteria for the year (this will be your page 1 one unit house trends and top of page 2 range info). These are all different exports separately imported into your work file separately as CSV files. Open Spark and import these files where prompted. After just a few more prompts your report is filled out significantly. Not only is the subject, comps, 1004MC and trends filled in, but doc numbers, sales/transfer history as well as analysis of history comments are filled out. For the 1004MC not only is it filled out but comment below are filled based on the information from the 1004MC. There is much more. There is talk of the Cost Approach and Zoning being integrated as well.

I’ve been using Spark for the last few months now and it is accurate with no problems except for my user errors which were easily resolved. Brandon the owner is an awesome, smart and nice guy who is always ready to help. If you live in the California Bay Area this is a must and will save you a ton of time. It’s simple to use and its only $49. 45% cheaper than DataMaster. If you have DataMaster it’s still worth giving it try. They have a fully functional free trial version.

http://www.choicevaluation.com/spark/

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
damn... i LOVE LOVE LOVE DM which sounds like the exact same thing as your software but half price, hmmm.

Gregory Beck

Professional Status
State
Florida
As an appraiser, I’m always looking for ways to be more efficient and accurate, as well as spend more time with my family. I heard about DataMaster (which is a MLS, Public record importer which will auto fill all the subject and comp information as well as fill out the 1004MC.) but DataMaster is not in Alameda/Contra Costa counties for MLS (Paragon Maxebrd). I tried a competitor for a half year and had nothing but problems. Then I found Spark in the Alamode TOTAL store and it is amazing.

In simple terms, all you must do is open your MLS, find your subject, choose your comps, go back a year for 1004MC information, take out all the criteria for the year (this will be your page 1 one unit house trends and top of page 2 range info). These are all different exports separately imported into your work file separately as CSV files. Open Spark and import these files where prompted. After just a few more prompts your report is filled out significantly. Not only is the subject, comps, 1004MC and trends filled in, but doc numbers, sales/transfer history as well as analysis of history comments are filled out. For the 1004MC not only is it filled out but comment below are filled based on the information from the 1004MC. There is much more. There is talk of the Cost Approach and Zoning being integrated as well.

I’ve been using Spark for the last few months now and it is accurate with no problems except for my user errors which were easily resolved. Brandon the owner is an awesome, smart and nice guy who is always ready to help. If you live in the California Bay Area this is a must and will save you a ton of time. It’s simple to use and its only $49. 45% cheaper than DataMaster. If you have DataMaster it’s still worth giving it try. They have a fully functional free trial version.

http://www.choicevaluation.com/spark/
$49 a month that's expensive

Dstew619

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
California

I’ve been using Spark for the last few months now and it is accurate with no problems except for my user errors which were easily resolved. Brandon the owner is an awesome, smart and nice guy who is always ready to help. If you live in the California Bay Area this is a must and will save you a ton of time. It’s simple to use and its only $49. 45% cheaper than DataMaster. If you have DataMaster it’s still worth giving it try. They have a fully functional free trial version./

NDC no need for separate MLS and public records feed and it exports into all major software providers; 1 service does it all.

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Gave up on NDC 10 years ago because its data lagged other services by 1-2 weeks on sale data and documentary transfer numbers.

Dstew619

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
California
It is much better now if it behind it is only 2-3 days. They have a nationwide MLS feed as well, which will allow you to compare the public record to the MLS record on the same screen.

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
It is much better now if it behind it is only 2-3 days. They have a nationwide MLS feed as well, which will allow you to compare the public record to the MLS record on the same screen.

Well, with Realist included in my four MLS subscriptions, there is little to no incentive to pay another provider an additional monthly fee.

Dstew619

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
California
Well, with Realist included in my four MLS subscriptions, there is little to no incentive to pay another provider an additional monthly fee.
That is the keyword "four". You pay 4 systems when you could pay for 1. You have to go to 4 different sites and login when you could go to 1. You have no export tool built in to work with your appraisal software. Realist has also been phasing out of many MLS systems. Some have moved to another provider and others just dropped it completely. I think corelogic (owner of realist) is starting to not provide much support for it anymore. Thus it is getting dropped.

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
That is the keyword "four". You pay 4 systems when you could pay for 1. You have to go to 4 different sites and login when you could go to 1. You have no export tool built in to work with your appraisal software. Realist has also been phasing out of many MLS systems. Some have moved to another provider and others just dropped it completely. I think corelogic (owner of realist) is starting to not provide much support for it anymore. Thus it is getting dropped.

See certification 12 in the 1004 form. Are you saying NDC will provide me login to my four MLS systems?

Dstew619

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
California
It meets #12 guidelines. The data is originated from the individual MLS. The only difference is the private notes can't be seen on NDC (MLS systems won't allow that to be visible outside their own system), everything else is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks