• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Mold Again, Environmental Issues.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
It must be late don't see anything there about it being a FHA issue.

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
FHA/HUD policies and requirements are in the 4150.2, FAQs and National HOC guide only! Memos, information, newsletters, etc from First Preston are only their interpretation of the 3 official HUD documents--and if NOT in conflict with those 3 HUD documents, only supplemental guidelines of that specific client. After the Las Vegas seminar, I am still muttering to myself.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
I'm not sure, but I think that mold addendum is for purchasers of HUD REOs that are handled by First Preston.
:question:

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
Yes, it is a bee in the bonnet of First Preston--not HUD. Last month they wanted me to remove from my report a similar statement!

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Just had a go around with Preston regarding termites Marty said remove the subject to termite inspection I said No she sent me to her "Higher Up" Don he said it should be in I said well REALLY wish U would talk with each other in there.Really hate to send another one in Know it's gona come back now. He also said that we have the TUFFEST with Santa Anna so of course I said well from now on I'll call them first to be sure I'm right before I call U. NO U don't have to do that mu phone line is always open to any question. JoAnn U should give him a call just to keep em on thier toes.

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
This thread was interesting to me for only one reason. I am amazed almost daily now how lenders will demand we do reports in a certain way, which is there way.

We really need to start holding are ground on these issues. I realize I am preaching to the choir, but it must be said over and over, until we get everyone on board.

This past week I have been challenged so many times on all kinds of issues. Value, condition, subject to's, you name it they have hit me with it.

If I get reviewed one more time by an AVM I am going to scream.

There I vented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks