• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

More AVM's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Simpson

Julio-

I received a request last week to do a review. From what I'm being told, the review request was triggered because the report was previously reviewed by an AVM which indicated a value some $30,000 below what the appraiser estimated the market value to be.

My research revealed some 46 potential comparables. What the AVM obviously missed (surprise!!!) was the fact homes in the neighborhood were built some 50 years ago and had been updated and remodeled to varying degrees.

The AVM apparently had 46 numbers stuffed into it (kinda like a valuation sausage), and spit out a number somewhere in the middle of the range. To further compound the problem the appraiser missed, alleviated, or failed to explain a significant amount of information.

After some months of attempting to utilize this AVM my clients have come to the same conclusions I've drawn: AVM's are only accurate and useful in very limited situations, and they're suspect even then. All in all they've proven to be a total waste of time and money. I'm glad I was able to help them form this opinion.

-Mike

Rob Bodkin

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Washington
Valuation Sausage.

Love it.

Laughing my *** off.

Rob Bodkin
Freestone Partners

Jessica

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I thought some of you may find this interesting, if you haven't seen it already. The site below has a lot of information on the type of products the AVM company provides, as well as a list of their top clients.
http://www.csmarketing.net

Tony Lehn

Professional Status
State
Indiana
3 Cheers for Mike. Score one for the good guys!

Dale Smalley

Professional Status
State
Florida
A Wireless Valuation Sausage!

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
A weenie appraisal?

:oops: :lol: :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks