• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Moving one area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbridered

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Louisiana
How do you move one area at a time? Both 1st floor and 2nd floor are highlighted when I use the move area icon. I am able to move the exterior one at a time but not the whole 2nd floor. I had to shrink sketch and was very hard to read. Thanks in advance for any help.

Randall Garrett

Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Texas
Jbridered:

What version of Apex are you running? Go to the Help menu and select the "About" menu item. Please let me know the version and date you see there and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Jbridered

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Louisiana
moving one area

I am using medina 4.1.1796.1

Randall Garrett

Professional Status
State
Texas
James,

By default, the "Move Area" function only moves exterior walls. In an earlier release, we had the Move Area function also move anything inside the Defined Area, but existing users wrote in and told us to change it back to the way it was. You know, we are all sometimes creatures of habit, and users told us they wanted things back to the old way. Anyway, we just added a "Move Area with Contents"... That item is in the drop down under the "Move" icon in the Ribbon Bar (menu). The trick to not have to be so careful with your mouse is to make sure nothing is selected or highlighted before issuing that command. If something is selected, the action performed will apply to that particular item. But, if nothing is highlighted, certain functions (like the Move Area functions and others) will pop up a dialog for you to select the Area from.

Hope this helps! If not, give us a call and we'll walk you through it.

Jbridered

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Louisiana
move one area

Thanks for your help.

Ariba

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
"Move Area with Contents" to another page

Anyway, we just added a "Move Area with Contents"... That item is in the drop down under the "Move" icon in the Ribbon Bar (menu).

Randall,
I like the Move Area with Contents. Now, how about "Move Area with Contents" to another page? I bet the requests you receive never stop. :icon_lol:

Randall Garrett

Professional Status
State
Texas
James:

Glad to help. Don't hesitate to post again!

----------------------------------------------------

Ron:

Great suggestion. I don't see why I can't add that in a near future update... :) We're testing one right now for compatibility with another program (mainly for Assessors and Insurance) so once that is out, I'll put your suggestion on the list for the next release. I'll put it near the top since it really should have been there all along, huh?

Randall Garrett

Professional Status
State
Texas
Ron:

Would you view it as worthwhile to include a "Clone with contents to another page" function while working on the other?

TIA for your feedback!

Atlanta CG

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Randall: Clone with contents to another page would be welcomed and applauded by all. Often we do complex appraisals and cloning the first floor which may have several bays, bends, etc., to create a 2nd without having to redraw the exterior walls is a real time saver. Then when it is finished the sketch is so small it cannot be easily read.
BTW, have you included the curved staircase yet?
John

Randall Garrett

Professional Status
State
Texas
Hi John,

Thanks for the input. I understand that you would like to see a Clone/Copy/Whatever to another page and I've got that on my list... :)

In the interim, perhaps there is a short term improvement/workaround for the "sketch is too small" thing. If you're going to make the sketch exhibit more than one page anyway, consider going to "Page Layout" and selecting one of the "Full Page" formats. Put both floors on the sketch page and put all the calculations on the second page by selecting the [] Calculations Addendum check box on the print dialog.

I have several examples of Curved Staircases just waiting for a future update. I really want to totally revamp Symbols. I've not made much improvement to the core of the Symbols since the initial Windows release. They have gotten more detailed and more numerous, but no real major improvements under the hood. Right now, other items are ahead of a major Symbols revamp, so I may simply add a few in the old format as an interim tweak vs. a real fix. I'll put that on my short list for something to do during the holidays. Thanks for reminding me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks