• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

My arch nemisis, the Over Appraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
He has been in the business for more years than me. He jumps in and out of my territory stealing my powers. I have heard rumors of his demise or incarceration, but much like the Joker and the Riddler he always shows up in the next episode. He seems to only appear when "you obviously have no clue about property values or when you have to hit that sales price". He cares nothing about like/kind properties or any of the the principles of appraisal. Ethics and morals bounce off his shields. Sales of the same age or from the same addition have no bearing or influence on his powers. He is a shape shifter, continually changing from three to five different human forms. His storngest power that I can not defeat is his ability to appraise a property for many thousands over the instructed value, so if his value does get cut, the projected value is still obtained. Every time I think he is defeated, a new re-fi boom hits and he is resurrected stornger than ever. I need help or am I actually the villain in this episode?

Ah, the re-fi market and lender demands have actually sent me over the edge.

Ross (CO)

Professional Status
State
Colorado
Tim, ..... Let it go, let him go, he's probably lurking here in the Forum and now knows how very effectively he is gettin' to ya'. Mow the lawn, wash the car, take a walk, and trust that one day he will "do time" !

xmrdfghap

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
:lol: Tim, you should private message Bobby Bucks, wheedle an invite, go have a few beers, relive some war stories, and go home on Tuesday knowing that somene else has it worse than you...... :lol: :lol:

carol milder

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
You would think that Moncrief's 17 years prison sentence would make all appraisers sharpen their pencils and fine turn their ethics.

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
I should quit complaining. It is a very bad habit and hard to break. come to think of it I am truly blessed. Did you know that every appraisal assignment I receive is automatically the best property in every addition. Every re-fi appraisal I do is the best house in the neighborhood, has the best lot, has updates that they believe nobody else has, has the best trees, the best view and of course the highest value in the neighbohood. Their updates are always better than the remodeled home with all new kitchen and baths down the street and every dollar ever spent on the property including house payments has added to the value of their homes. I am truly blessed. I love re-fi season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks