• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

My Name Is Mary And I'm An Appraisal Office Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary Caffey

Sophomore Member
;)

I feel like I'm in AA (Appraisers Annomomyous)

This forum is SUCH an inspiration to my husband son and my self. I have learned so much from all of you, but most of all how to take my b____s out of my purse and put them on, and tell these LO's is COD and no excpetion..... and only to give a max of 5 comps, and charge for redos and extras comps plus

today

BANC ONE just called and needs and appraisal by TUESDAY -that's the day after Memorial Day :usa: (which is susposed to be a holiday) and I told her " COD and $100 extra for the RUSH RUSH RUSH..." she said

OK !!

Wow it worked- standing up to the lenders won't make you go blind......

Thanks to all of you for all your support and knowledge and stories and hints...

Huggs - and Hope you all have a safe and enjoyable weekend....while son is earning an extra $100 to fix the broken windshield on his 1968 GTO.......

Mary in Texa

Tom Barclay

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Oregon
Mary,
This place is an inspiration, for sure.
But, I think you sold yourself a bit short. Almost everyone in America who is forced to work on a holiday get's double time. It is worth at least that much for the lack of a life. They can always find someone else who will give up their whole three day weekend for a measly $100 plus the regular fee.
Hope you get to spend some real time with your family this weekend. And, remember those who served. Thanks to all the vets.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
You go, Mary!

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday, I am going to the lake tomorrow to test out my fixed and re-fixed outboard. It better work this time. I will be working Saturday and Monday just to stay caught up. My wife starts her vacation next Thursday and we are going to get away for a couple of days.

Oh yeah, I am a Viet Nam era vet too!

Mike Simpson

Mike G.-

Thanks to you, and all the veterans for your service!!!

Have a great holiday--I'm so proud to be American I could bust like a pinata!

See ya'll Tuesday,

-Mike

Ghost Rider

Professional Status
Banking/Mortgage Industry
State
Connecticut
Good to stand up to them, but......$100 for a rush fee?? I always hit everyone for a double fee if they need the rush - Some balk at it, but thats ok with me. I'm not into killing myself to do a rush if they don't want to pay

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Come on MH, give her a break. B) Baby steps..... today $100, tomorrow :mrgreen: Besides, it depends on where it's located. ;) Golf course or lake front home, might be very feasible to do a weekend inspection. :D

And a big DITTO to thanks vets. :usa: It's not an easy job.

Ghost Rider

Professional Status
Banking/Mortgage Industry
State
Connecticut
Yes, but my price list is VERY specific on things like that M Leggett - Unique or high value homes, please call for a price quote - and the rush fee is still a big extra on those -

My biggest fee was $5,000 for doing a 27,000 sf ocean front property on 6 acres with its own private beach - was actually a relatively easy appraisal since I had 3 sales on the same street to work with - appraised value $21,500,000........

If they had wanted it back in a hurry (turn time on it was 6 business days) then yes, I would have tried to get the double fee out of them.......

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Unique or high value homes, please call for a price quote
Yeap, I do the same thing, and that drives the AMC's nuts. :D I'm busy as busy can be, so that's the fee. I know what you mean, I'm just kiddin' around tonight. But it does take a bit of practice to get to the point where you can quote with confidence. But hey, I'm in bizniz to make green :mrgreen: Gotta love it. :usa:

Mike Simpson

MH-

One of the easiest jobs I ever did was a multi-million dollar waterfront property. I got the order & thought, "JUST GREAT," did the research and went, "COOL," three comps on the same street. You just never know until you do the research.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks