• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Naming the Client

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Since I'm the "#9" post you're talking about ... I'll answer for myself

It has NOTHING to do with who pays for the appraisal/report, and I am pretty upfront about this with my client

I let them know it has nothing to do with WHO pays me, it is the person who ENGAGES me that is the client

I also then go on to explain what "intended user(s)" means ... and this is where my post #11 comment means

Sometimes an agent refers me for a private assignment (sometimes it's pre listing, sometimes the property has been on the market, sometimes its...etc...)

The homeowner sometimes then tells me they do NOT want the agent (again, the person who REFERRED me to said client) to be an IU. I then comply (Confidentiality)

But NOWHERE in any of this conversation(s) does "who pays me" have anything to do with who my client is
So you name AMCs as the client on page 1?

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
So you admit that you contradict yourself?

Amy Perkins

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Client "Anonymous" see addendum... The client is a cash buyer and they have requested that their identity not be named on the appraisal. The client's name is located in the appraiser's files. They don't need to know anything else.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks