• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

National Register Of Historic Places

Status
Not open for further replies.

S is for spittman

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Anybody know how to use the website?

Don't think I've ever had to check, but got two FHA foreclosures last week, both over a century old. I'm sure neither are on there but thought I might have a look.

Both are not within any zoning districts.

I type in an address on the Register site and it spews back pages and pages of links to random stuff from documents, to images, to videos. Gotta be an easier way.

jay trotta

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Connecticut
Not sure about your area, but check within the Town Historic District 1st; there may be more about municipal restrictions; in my area each Town has different requirements and some have a Town Charter; some have Deed requirements put in play years ago.

They are a lot of work and here, require a premium; remember doing one a few years back that had been In Family for 300 years, there were some specifics within the Deed that are now and will forever be locked in place. They are, generally very interesting to work on, but research needs expanding.

Good Luck

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
Anybody know how to use the website?

Don't think I've ever had to check, but got two FHA foreclosures last week, both over a century old. I'm sure neither are on there but thought I might have a look.

Both are not within any zoning districts.

I type in an address on the Register site and it spews back pages and pages of links to random stuff from documents, to images, to videos. Gotta be an easier way.
Many homes in my market are well over 200 years old. The local (in my case) Independent city will know if it is on the national register.

I have a home in my neighborhood that was built prior to the Revolutionary war. There are several others that pre-date the same time period and are scattered around several cities. One of them was owned by the ancestors of a regular poster on this forum. My son appraised that a couple of years ago. Still has the sword marks in the original wood door to the house. I did one built in 1825, added on to in the early 1900's and again in the 1950's. The original owner is buried nxt to the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks