• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

National Valuation Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephdifranco

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois
Is there any particular reason why this appraisers cooperative has not been discussed more here at appraisersforum? I found a reference to it buried deep within a discussion, and I'm unable to get search results for more posts on the topic.

I think appraisers are so ****ed-off right now that with a credible organization and a membership drive, a good launch would be guaranteed. I could even see appraisers paying a one-time upfront start up fee to help raise the needed capital, even if no clients/lenders are lined up at this time. I'd pay into it to help get it started.

I think it is a phenominal idea overall, and that organizing as a co-op will bring credibility to the mission. There are many unanswered questions like who is on the board of directors, how much will it cost appraisers to join, who will get business...In my opinion, this organization is needed regardless of whether or not the HVCC in its current state is adopted.

So again, why the lack of discussion? Now would be a great time to start educating everyone about what a co-op is, and to get suggestions.

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
NVS is alive and ready, but I don't know if this is the place to be touting it. Appraisersforum.com does not endorse or advertise companies that do not pay for advertising. Comments about the company in the good, bad and ugly forum are OK, I guess.

LA Woman

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Why would a discussion about NVS be considered "advertising"? We talk about companies all the time that don't advertise on this forum.

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
We do not allow our forum to be used to promote, or start up any AMC or other business whether appraiser owned or not. If they want to advertise they can pay like everyone else! The owners have been notified several time months ago about this policy.

This policy has been consistent over the years and has not changed. It is the same for all new businesses. We have had many new start ups come here and try to use our forum to start their business without wanting to pay.

If it is a viable business then spend the ad dollars to promote it, either here or somewhere, but don't expect me to allow free advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks