• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Need A Camera With A Strong Flash - Any Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbr711

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
I've read other posts, but didn't find anything conclusive...

I currently use the Fuji XP, but the flash fails me often... Interior photos end up dark and/or out of focus.
Another issue with the Fuji, it's difficult to zoom in and out with just one hand.

I'm looking for a point and shoot camera with a strong flash that'll light up the room! and one that also allows easy operation with just one hand, as my other hand tends to be off doing other things...

Any recommendations? (By the way, I'm not looking to use my phone or my tablet for low-light photos)

Thanks!

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
One of the best pocket cameras I had was a Fuji. It took much better photos than some of the other brands. But, I newer worried about the flash too much. As suggested, you may want to go with a Canon or Nikon. You could just go with a tablet and use Total mobile to save time.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
doesn't stuff so well into the shirt pocket...
Chest-Strap-collage.jpg

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
The Fuji XP is my field camera. I set the photo size to 1 meg and use auto flash. People frequently ask, "Do you want me to turn on lights?" and I say, "Not necessary" and I snap a photo and the flash pops. On a typical field day, I'll take 80 photos and usually don't have to re-charge the battery, but it does take longer to re-charge the flash when the battery is low. I've never noticed that photos weren't bright enough. I've taken pictures of the inside of large shop buildings and the photos are lit well. I always re-charge the battery after each day's use.

Have you thought of adding a slave flash?

Vermonter

Professional Status
State
Vermont
My Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 is old as heck (think I got it in 08 or 09), but has a great flash. Never need lights on and will typically light up an entire basement with the flash. Got it at Costco on rebate and paid less than $300. Still works fine, but has a scratch on the lens so I may replace it at the end of this year....probably with a similar Panasonic.

Also battery life is great. I can get thru a week (4-6 inspections) before recharging and I typically take 40+ pics per inspection.

Last edited:

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
ive only used cell phone cameras since my first flip phone camera came out and have not had a low light issue. are you appraising abandoned mine shafts bro? :rof:i do attach a lanyard to my cell phone protector so it hangs around my neck to free up a hand.

Dale Smalley

Professional Status
State
Florida
Sony Cybershot has been good to me

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Delaware
Does your Fuji have anything other than automatic for various settings?
If so, preset one for interior photos:
ISO at 400, Wide open lens, shutter speed of 1/60 (any slower = blurry)​

If not, lots of good digital cameras out there that will do the job.
Here's one I've been using for at least a dozen years: LINK Amazon

OTOH, if it *has* to fit in shirt pocket - you need to go to a *good* camera store,
someplace who can sell you what you need, not just what's in stock.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks