• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Need Better Mortgage Payer's Federal EIN

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
My dear wife asked me for this back in January, but I forgot. Like many lenders do now days, Better Mortgage sent over my 1099 as an encrypted PDF, but theirs is the only one I can't open. I know what they paid me for one order in 2020, so I only need the Better Mortgage Payer's Federal EIN to efile off my taxes on Monday. Yes, I sent them an email and will call to follow up, but in case I don't get an answer would one of you be kind enough to check your 1099 from Better Mortgage and private message me their Payer's Federal EIN.

Thank you, OSUBeavers

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
I went through my requests, Better Mortgage uses Clear Capital as their AMC. Hope that helps. At the end of the year you get 1099's from AMCs and their EINs.

Better Mortgage
120 Broadway, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10271

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
I went through my requests, Better Mortgage uses Clear Capital as their AMC. Hope that helps. At the end of the year you get 1099's from AMCs and their EINs.

Better Mortgage
120 Broadway, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10271
Thanks, this order was direct from them through their appraisalscope dashboard with no AMC. I fired Clear Capital over a decade ago.

Alsie35

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Message sent. :giggle:

Chuck Parent

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
New Jersey
My dear wife asked me for this back in January, but I forgot. Like many lenders do now days, Better Mortgage sent over my 1099 as an encrypted PDF, but theirs is the only one I can't open. I know what they paid me for one order in 2020, so I only need the Better Mortgage Payer's Federal EIN to efile off my taxes on Monday. Yes, I sent them an email and will call to follow up, but in case I don't get an answer would one of you be kind enough to check your 1099 from Better Mortgage and private message me their Payer's Federal EIN.

Thank you, OSUBeavers
I'm in the same boat, ordered through Appraisalscope. My one phone contact number gave me an email address for accounting. I sent them an email and got an automated case number but no real response. I know how much I made, just need the Better Mortgage EIN number.

Russ Kitzberger

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
Why do you need their EIN?
Usually, you need the EIN to issue 1099's, not as a recipient to file your own company or disregarded entity taxes. Am I missing something?

Chuck Parent

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
New Jersey
Why do you need their EIN?
Usually, you need the EIN to issue 1099's, not as a recipient to file your own company or disregarded entity taxes. Am I missing something?
I guess you are, I'm not a tax expert. In order to file my taxes with Turbotax, I need to enter the amount received and the EIN/TIN of the payer. I know the amount received, just not the EIN.

Russ Kitzberger

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
I see, I haven't been asked for the ein's from any of the CPA's that have done my taxes the past decade. Must be a turbotax thing.

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
I got it this morning. Anyone who needs it fee free to PM me.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks