• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Need chinese-speaking appraiser in SGV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernon Martin

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
I have an upcoming industrial property assignment in which the plant owner has also pledged a townhouse in Baldwin Park, CA, as collateral. I'm looking to subcontract out the appraisal to someone who can speak Cantonese. Any takers?

VM

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
If you cannot find one, maybe you can find a real estate agent or a trainee who could assist you on language. You don't have to prepare the report in Cantonese do you?

ghrousseau

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
I worked in that area with many Chinese Brokers for a long time on the lender side. I can refer a couple of Certified's who speak Mandarin and Cantonese.

Just PM me and I can give you a list of a few.

I just noticed that the property was industrial. My contacts are certified residential so it will be beyond their experience and license.

Thanks.

Dumb me............should read the whole post: Yes.............I know several honest appraisers that speak cantonese and mandarin in the SGV. PM me and I can list a few.

Last edited:

Ted Martin

Professional Status
State
Kansas
You could probably pay the kid behind the counter at the Circle K $20 to translate.

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
California
I can do conversational Mandarin, but I'd have to look up some vocabulary to handle the real estate questioning. I can't do Cantonese, though.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
The only Chinese I know is the word for constipation... hung chow.

William Tsai

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Too bad that you are in Southern California. If you were in the Bay Area, I would be able to assist you. Good luck.

Vernon Martin

Professional Status
State
California
appraiser found

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions. I used the OREA web site to find a cantonese-speaking res-certified appraiser located in Baldwin Park. What are the odds of that happenng? (Very favorable odds, actually.)

VM

Pat Butler

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
Better yet, have the owner provide his own interpreter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks