• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Need data entry program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idontcare

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Arizona
What do you suggest to use for a uploading data entry program? DataMaster? ACI's Appraisal Genie?? SO many to choose from- I have no idea, and don't have time to figure them all out first. Suggestions wanted!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really need to shave off production time. THANKS !!

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I don't mind the tiny bit extra time entering ....lets' me think about what I am doing... appraisal was not mean to be fast food super production,...instead of shaving time, charge more per order... jmo, I've tried some of these programs found the time savings minimal had to double check the input.

Andrei Fin

Professional Status
State
California
Datamaster works ok once you get it set up, but it's pretty expensive. And their customer service really drops off once you are signed up, I had some billing issues that were only fixed after disputing with my credit card.

Joe Flacco

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
I used to like data master but ever since my MLS changed to brightMLS it doesn't work right. I'm going to have unsubscribe.

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Having Total, SmartExchange seems appealing
I have Total as well and signed up for the SE way before it came out - that got me 1 yr Free use (I believe I still have until 11/2019)

My biggest problem with it is that other appraisers have their own way of filling out the report, especially the bottom few open fields. I have not problem with that. I have my own way(s) as well

My problem is that I then would have to change their field to match mine

i.e. Pools - Me? I have my quick lists as "Open Pool" or "Open w/ Spa" or "Scr Pool w Spa" or "ScreenPoolPkg"
Others have different ways of addressing the same pools - I see it often
So to use their "comp" I still then have to verify the info and then amend their identification of the pool to match the other comps in my grid ...

It just seems like it takes longer to do all that than to simply just input it myself. Just my $0.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks