• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Need data entry program

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Since I trust county records more than MLS...worthless. And our agents tend to use the county records anyway, and those that don't make up stuff, so either way the opposite of Reagan, verify then trust.

Renee Healion

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Connecticut
I just thought to mention as I am working this morning-- I get to pick my format more often than not and so I use the AI form suite most often. I prefer it but there are more fields so it takes longer to type; this program speeds that (OLP, FLP, CP, eg.). It also does ERC, if you like doing Relo work. For some short things, like rental comps in 2-4 unit work, I just type it. Those are weird here and I'd just rather enter it myself. Same fee gets you cost data too. For the MC, even if you just do it for your workfile, it is very robust but I think you really need to look closely at how it works, and be confident you could explain the results. If you use it, it fills your page 1. So it is more than just downloading comp data. Just be careful with the more robust parts (I tell myself!).

ZZGAMAZZ

Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
California
What do you suggest to use for a uploading data entry program? DataMaster? ACI's Appraisal Genie?? SO many to choose from- I have no idea, and don't have time to figure them all out first. Suggestions wanted!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really need to shave off production time. THANKS !!
---------------

It typically requires me 10+ hours to complete a report, although my analysis arguably is more befitting a narrative rather than a form report. After 30 minutes with Spark (which won't accept my enrollment fee until I've completed X Number of trial reports. I'm only scratching the surface of the functionality, although I realized quickly that the 3 versions of MLS data dump can be basesd upon an initial, "generic" search with few filters, which populates page 1; followed by a search with additional filters, which populates the 1004MC and the top of page 2; followed by a tertiary search conducted of the 1004MC data, as the basis of the comp selection, per se. Dumping 3 datasets into one's desktop allows the appraiser to upload the docs into ACI using a built-in, pull-down, e-service functionality.

I recently reached the point in my career when I realized that by the time in an assignment when my judgement and professional prowess was required, I was so sick-n-tired of data entry that I gave SCA adjustments short shrift . . . and my first attempt using Spark saved me an estimated 5 hours without being more than marginally aware of the complete functionality.

So Hooray for Spark, at least from my preliminary perspective.

Regards.

VolcanoLvr

Professional Status
State
Washington
SPARK and DataMaster are similar programs that work well when set up. Their process is to amalgamate the MLS and Public Record data and then import certain items to the appropriate field on the form for each comp - which can be customized by the user (with SPARK). Which program will work best for anyone is determined by the MLS Association you are with, and the forms software you use. I know SPARK has a free trial period for 12 reports, then billing starts; not sure about DataMaster's process. I buy the 16 report 'bundle' from SPARK, and the cost is just about $3.00 per REPORT (not comp). If you do oodles of reports monthly, the unlimited use plan may cost less. The advantage for me is SPARK saves time keypunching data - time = money. You can change the field entry if needed. SPARK works with alamode and ACI; not sure about the other forms software.

ZZGAMAZZ

Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
California
SPARK and DataMaster are similar programs that work well when set up. Their process is to amalgamate the MLS and Public Record data and then import certain items to the appropriate field on the form for each comp - which can be customized by the user (with SPARK). Which program will work best for anyone is determined by the MLS Association you are with, and the forms software you use. I know SPARK has a free trial period for 12 reports, then billing starts; not sure about DataMaster's process. I buy the 16 report 'bundle' from SPARK, and the cost is just about $3.00 per REPORT (not comp). If you do oodles of reports monthly, the unlimited use plan may cost less. The advantage for me is SPARK saves time keypunching data - time = money. You can change the field entry if needed. SPARK works with alamode and ACI; not sure about the other forms software.
------

Open a new ACI report.

Open CRMLS search.
Manually establish map boundaries.
Establish neighborhood criteria & download.
Filter the results to find 1004MC data.
Filter the results to find comps.
Download the results of the 3 searches to your desktop.

Export all into Spark, and link Spark with the new ACI report

Import all into ACI,

Within 30 min all MLS and Realist data is populated for the subject data,, page 1 neighborhood, SCA comparables, Prior transfers, CA, and 1004MC.

Blessing for the eyes, the fingers, the brain, the appraiser's income and lifespan!!!!!

Tom D

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
i got to the point of hating to type my 6 comps in every report. spark made doing the report so much easier. since i started using it i would say i have increased my productivity & income by 25%. i can do more by not having to type, looking back & forth. it also does the needed public records 3 year search. how much time is wasted doing that monkee work. the owner is a great person, has answered my questions very fast. i go pre spark with him. the older programs have some graphs/charts that i love. the learning cure is in the beginning, then it's about 5 minutes from MLS to appraisal report. omg, i so hated all that typing before. i am in the bright MLS system.

cmitchell

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
I use total. Datamaster for importing and Excell for graphing, and filtering through the data. Datamaster is helpful. U still have to go through each comp for rating and fine tuning.

KYLECODY

Professional Status
State
Arizona
I have been considering Spark this past month or so

I watched their video on their website a few weeks back. It seems pretty user friendly and it looked like it gives you the option to use the County info and/or MLS info, but lets you decide
This is something that I liked

Still kicking around trying it out. They did have a trial period available and their monthly nut seemed reasonable if you decide to use it
You will love Spark imho. Big timesaver for me. Wish I had started doing it years ago..or whenever they started. Had tried one of the other big ones and it killed more time than saved but not Spark.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Just got through setting up Spark. Took a while but I recognize what it's doing. 12 free ones so I'll try one out tomorrow.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
How long does ot take to set up Spark? I use Wintotal and never could get their Comp import function to work correctly due to having to map the fields etc. Does Sparks map the fields or do you have to do it?

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks