• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Need help with condo comps

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Hassler

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
There are no other condo developments like this around and none of the units have sold in the last few years. What should I do? Can I use sales of similar units from other states? Oh, and it's the penthouse unit and has great ocean views! All help appreciated. Thanks.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
There are no other condo developments like this around and none of the units have sold in the last few years. What should I do? Can I use sales of similar units from other states? Oh, and it's the penthouse unit and has great ocean views! All help appreciated. Thanks.

First off before you start your search again. I would grab a bottle of JB, then go by and see if the owner has a nice young 18 year old daughter that you can consult with while you and her are sampling the JB in the gallon jug. Once you have started this process call the lender, tell them is is going to take a while to find similar comparables. Because of this I am going to need to be charging you by the hour. Over time I am sure you will be able to find the necessary comparables to use.

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
Ray, you crack me up!:rof: :rof: :rof:

TEL2002

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Louisiana
John, I'm surprised your thread was not posted by Ray, since he seems to get all of the odd ball assignments.

I sure hope what you posted is a photo shopped picture and this thread is just a joke.

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
If there were chickens and a couple of trucks on blocks, I’d be tempted to think it was an Appalachian High Rise.:rof: :rof:

John Hassler

Professional Status
State
California
Ray, if it's OK I'd like to send out your response as a company wide broadcast teaching email calling it the "OPTIMAL" outcome (Operating Procedure for Typical Miller Assignment Lesson).

BTW it turns out the Ocean view is really a lake view. Well more accurately its a view of the holding pond for the neighboring hog farm but a water view is water view, right?

Patti Jury

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Colorado
Not real property..No foundation...You are SAVED!

Do ya think those are for the kids and their families...

Was this photoshopped?

I want some of whatever comes out of that still hidden in the woods over yonder!

Is there a clause in the rental application that says:

"If this place is a rockin'...RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!"

:rof:

So many questions...so little time!

Last edited:

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
Where is that, John? I'd like to go see it.

The holding pond for the hog farm is an upgrade, right? When compared to the water front value of a sewage treatment pond.

You haven't started doing Lake County, have you?

Caligirl

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
I'm guessing Muir Beach or West Marin. :rof:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks