• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Need Help Writing a Seminar

Status
Not open for further replies.

hal380

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Connecticut
I am writing a seminar titled "WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR MENTOR" with the subtitle "How to be a Good Mentor.

I have it about half finished and have hit a mental block wall. I would appreciate any suggestions for points to be covered in this class.

IE: what should a good mentor be doing for his trainee(s), what is the trainee's responsibilities to the process.

Any Help will be appreciated and I will take all the credit for developing the class :)

Thanks in advance.

Hal

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Hal,

Pull up disciplinary actions from several (or more) state appraisal boards. You will get lots of topics to discuss what supervisor/trainees should/should not be doing. We often learn best from the mistakes of others.

hal380

Professional Status
State
Connecticut
Good Idea, thanks

Hal

Professional Status
State
Montana
send me an e-mail

I am writing a seminar titled "WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR MENTOR" with the subtitle "How to be a Good Mentor.

I have it about half finished and have hit a mental block wall. I would appreciate any suggestions for points to be covered in this class.

IE: what should a good mentor be doing for his trainee(s), what is the trainee's responsibilities to the process.

Any Help will be appreciated and I will take all the credit for developing the class :)

Thanks in advance.

Hal

Send me an e-mail at ([email protected] com) I have written three extensive articles on mentoring. I will send you the copies. I also sit on the Appraisal Institute Mentoring and Apprenticeship Project Team. I would very much like to receive a copy of your syllabus prior to our next meeting in Chicago on February 5, 2008 and permission to share your ideas with the committee.

Also I have referenced a publication put out by the Appraisal Institute on Concerns and Issues on Residential Appraisal Reports. You can pick it off from one of my prior posts or go on the AI website. If you can't find it, let me know and I will send you the link. This, in effect, highlights some of the common errors and concerns surfaced in evaluating reports considered for the SRA designation.

I also urge you to go on the AQB website and read AQB Guidenote 4 (GN-4) and the section on implementation. This will introduce you to a new mentoring environment that is likely to become more common.

Lastly, you might benefit from looking over the outline of the SRA Demo Report syllabus. This, in effect, is a comprehensive list of all the topics that should be covered in residential appraising.

Good luck.

Howard Klahr

Professional Status
State
Florida
Hal,

I would be happy to assist in reviewing the material and offering suggestions. Feel free to contact me via email (see profile) if your interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks