• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Need to get battery rechargable set. Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Wright

Freshman Member
Need to get battery rechargable set. Suggestions?

Getting sick of the expense of buying new batteries.

Thanks for any help.

Dave Smith

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Radio Shack. 13 hour Ni-Cd/Ni-MH charger. About $20.00. Charges both AA and AAA batteries.

Dee Dee

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
I've got one of those Energizer battery chargers that plugs directly into the wall, kinda like those room deodorizer plug-ins. No cords getting in the way, it takes 2-4 AA batteries at a time. Think I paid about $30 for the charger and with 4 batteries. The Energizer rechargeable batteries seem to last at least twice as long as the disposable ones before I have to change them out for recharged ones. My camera takes 4 AA's, and I always have four new ones ready for immediate back up.

Sure beats the heck out of buying big blocks of batteries at Sam's Club! You'll be wondering why you didn't do it sooner.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Powerex MH-C204F

Plugs into your car, travels with you preventing ugly field down time or trips to the corner market for disposables.

Works off AC (house) current with the provided AC adapter.

Conditions the batteries to extend lifespan, charges two or four at a time, your choice.

Keeps the Nomad running as well as the cameras.
I got 300+ CDs to listen to, on long days this is important :wink:

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
State
Alabama
Radio Shack used to sell a charger that would charge any size from AA to D. I used it for years till it died. Seems as if it was around 20-25 bucks. If they still make it is a was a good one. A bit bulky though if you only need AAs charged.

Also speaking of batteries. If you have a Big Lots nearby check their battery prices. I buy a 4 pack of Fuji Alkaline AA for $1.49!! I go in and buy 6-10 packs at a time. 2 D's are 1.49 and a 9 volt is the same price. I use them exclusivly now.

I buy out batteries for Church there now. We gave up on recharging because these are so cheap. And there good batteries. I have only had a couple that didn't last but a short time.

Judy Whitehead (Florida)

Professional Status
State
Florida
I have a Kodack Dc215. The only ones I found that lasted more than a few trips were the Kodak ones that they recommend and their charger. It is worth its weight in gold and lasts 10 times longer than any other I tried. I used one set of batteries, with recharging that lasted over 2 years. I have since bought another set with that has now been recharged and used for a year. I can't even begin to tell you how long they last. The best thing about them is, when it shows that the battery is low.....you have at least 15-20 pictures left before it gives out. All of the other "rechargeable batteries" once it showed that they were low....they died!

So, even if you don't have a Kodak Camera, you might want to consider their battiers (they are AA) and their recharger.

wyecoyote

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Washington
Same as Judy. I use the Kodak rechargable batteries. They last some time between charges.

Ryan

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Energizer ACCU batteries and charger. They last much longer than anything else I have used. I now have 3 sets, one in each camera and one in the charger at all times.

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Get the "NiMh" Nickle Metal Hydride batteries. Recommended for digi cams.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
There's a rechargable called Monster - avoid it. I had a set go bad within a month and begin leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks