• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Needed In New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
61J1-7.003 Advertising.
(1) All appraisers registered, licensed or certified pursuant to Part II, Chapter 475, Florida Statutes, shall include the appropriate designation and number as required in Section 475.622, Florida Statutes, and Rule 61J1-7.001, Florida Administrative Code, in the following forms of advertising:

(a) Newspaper advertisement when displaying the services of the appraiser.
(b) A yellow page telephone advertisement when displaying the services of the appraiser. A white page listing need not contain the designation and number if a yellow page advertisement of the same publisher and locality contains the designation and number of the individual appraiser.
(c) Magazine advertisements when displaying the services of the appraiser.
(d) Controlled publications which display the services of the appraiser when the publication is printed or produced in the State of Florida.
(e) Business cards which display the services of the appraiser. An appraiser who is employed by a governmental entity need not display the designation or number on a business card when the appraiser is prohibited from engaging in an independent fee appraisal.
(f) Television and radio advertisements which display the services of the individual appraiser.
(g) Letterhead which contains the name(s) of one or more individual appraisers and the letter is being used for appraisal related activities.
(h) Any other type or form of advertising which purpose is to display the services of the appraiser.
(2) The following are not considered to be advertisement for purposes of this rule and Section 475.622(1), Florida Statutes:
(a) Invoices or billing statements.
(b) Checks or other type of negotiable instruments.
(c) Return address on an envelope.
(d) The use of a private trade association designation unless used to display the services of the appraiser.

AND >>> :icon_idea:

(3) All trainee advertising must include the following:
(a) The trainee’s name;
(b) The trainee’s designation as a “state-registered trainee real estate appraiser”, “registered trainee”, or “trainee”;
(c) The trainee’s license number; and
(d) The name and license number of the trainee’s supervisory appraiser.
Specific Authority 475.614 FS. Law Implemented 475.622 FS. History–New 10-15-91, Formerly 21VV-7.003, Amended 7-5-94, 7-23-97, Amended 1-8-06.

Eli Weiss

Professional Status
State
New York
Interesting, was this recently changed?

Claude From NY

Professional Status
State
New York
Sounds like a plan

I agree NY needs it and trainees advertising without the appropriate disclosures could be easily caught.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
I agree NY needs it and trainees advertising without the appropriate disclosures could be easily caught.

as well as to easily confirm when ONE appraiser does a site inspection and is asked for identification (should be volunteered anyway), and a report is Reviewed by a client which indicates BOTH the appraiser assistant and the SUPERVISORY Appraisers "did" inspect. :icon_idea:

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
(3) All trainee advertising must include the following:
(a) The trainee’s name;
(b) The trainee’s designation as a “state-registered trainee real estate appraiser”, “registered trainee”, or “trainee”;
(c) The trainee’s license number; and
(d) The name and license number of the trainee’s supervisory appraiser.
Specific Authority 475.614 FS. Law Implemented 475.622 FS. History–New 10-15-91, Formerly 21VV-7.003, Amended 7-5-94, 7-23-97, Amended 1-8-06.

Where is Genteel?

LOOK....I have 2,000 posts! (I think I need a life, or a hobby)

Kevin Mc

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
If we could enforce this.

as well as to easily confirm when ONE appraiser does a site inspection and is asked for identification (should be volunteered anyway), and a report is Reviewed by a client which indicates BOTH the appraiser assistant and the SUPERVISORY Appraisers "did" inspect. :icon_idea:

My guess is we will put 1000s out of business. As someone who humped around a couple of trainees for a few years (and clearly indicated did not inspect when I didn't) nothing p*sses me off more.

KenRossman

Professional Status
State
Florida
Are any lenders still accepting appraisals with trainees signing?

What few lender appraisals I still get are generally indicating "no trainees period".

The most flagrant "mills" are likely sending out trainees to inspect and write the appraisal, then sending out the reports with only the licensed or certified appraiser signing and indicating they inspected.

How do you catch that?

David Wimpelberg

Staff member
Professional Status
State
New York
How do you catch that?

It's not easy.

The best way I can see is for the person that meets the trainee at the property to sign some type of statement stating who was at the property. For the trainee's experience log, the state can randomly verify with the owner who was at the property. If it turns out the supervisor wasn't there, trainee doesn't get license and supervisor loses his.

Obviously there are issues with cases where nobody is at the property, which would have to be handled when writing regs.

KenRossman

Professional Status
State
Florida
Photo license/certification IDs with a physical description of the appraiser (like a drivers license) might help, however there will be no easy way of reliably monitoring who actually went to the property...

JoTetherow

Professional Status
State
Nebraska
and the only way we will get these changes is by changing the board members.

Many are "lame ducks" with their term expiring soon (2nd term actually, they can serve 2 consecutive 5 year terms)

now is the time to start courting your legislators to get appointed to the board. you NEED some politico type to push your name to the persons that are allowed to appoint board members.

we all can help. whomever is interested in being a board member could post here and then the rest of us could contact our representatives to help get the person appointed.

Jo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks