• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

New 2008 Cert. Residential test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason S

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Couldn't find any threads, but has anyone actually taken the new 2008 test yet. More importantly are their any prep classes for the new test.

If there is a thread could you send me the link please.

Jason S

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Wow, am I going to be the first to take the 2008 test?

Anyone have any info on the new test on how it is different?

Annelle

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arizona
I have a friend that just took the Certified Residential Exam a few days ago. She was number 20 for that test site ( Ontario, California). She also said it will be a good 6 weeks before she will find out if she passed or not. At that point they will look at her work samples. Since she took the Cert Res exam, I can't tell you much about the new 2008 License level exams. However the 2008 res exams are broken into two 3 hour exams with a 1/2 lunch. You can not go back over the first part once you have completed that section. She did say that second part took her longer.

Good luck!

Jason S

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Did it take her the full 6 hours to complete? On the old trainee test I know they gave 4 hours but it only took me a little over an hour.

BOBBYGINE

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
I love to know if the tests are getting harder. The trainee test I took was a JOKE. If anyone here has ever taken the CA brokers test and passed, I'd love to pick your brain, I'm taking it for fun, and its not fun at all.

PATRICIA MAYON

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
I too would like to have some input on the new Certified Residential Exam.
I spoke with R. E. Trainers and was told that the content of the exam has not changed. However, there are more "story" type questions. I would appreciate knowing the opinion of anyone who has actually taken the exam i.e. the percentage of math problems, income capitalization, USPAP etc.

Thanks

cworthy

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
I love to know if the tests are getting harder. The trainee test I took was a JOKE. If anyone here has ever taken the CA brokers test and passed, I'd love to pick your brain, I'm taking it for fun, and its not fun at all.

Yes the trainee test was a joke. I studied for about 20 minutes while eating a burger at fuddruckers.

I passed the old broker test on the second try. This was before they changed it in 2004 (I think). I almost passed the first round by studying on my own. I didn't want to fail twice so I took the Anthony schools cram course and that did the trick. :beer:

Looking to take the Certified test near the end of the year. we will see. .....

bschmidt

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
I took the Brokers test last August and passed first try. Afternoon session seemed a little harder that the first. I took a online course thru Lumbleau cost me $89 if you follow the program you will pass the first time

http://www.lumbleau.com/Broker-Fast-Start/

good luck:icon_lol:

acero97989

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
2008 Exam

I have taken the new exam. I did spend 5 hours on it!! They said it would take 6 to 8 weeks to get your results back. Due to a statistical analysis study. And to peform cut score studies. This test was hard for me!! I am not to good on the financial calculator. There is a lot of math formula questions on this test. (math is my weakness) There is a ton of effective age questions too. Also income producing questions. I hope that will help you!! (let me know if you have anymore questions!!) I hope they graded me on a curve!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks