• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

New assignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Gentlemen:

I should know the answer to this but want to verify with FHA gurus, my local one is out of town.

Short story. Appraised property on Jan 3 for 108K. Nice house, upgraded with new kitchen, painting, carpeting. No consessions at all, very clean deal. Buyer backs out. Three days ago . and every day since I get the agent and another lender bugging me to transfer the appraisal to a new client and by the way, we need you to raise it 7K.

Not gonna happen. I advised them to get a new appraiser. Agent left message today that despite it being a different buyer and a different mortgage company, they can't use a different appraiser for at least 6 months. Is that correct, too late to call the office.

Appreciate any advice, heading to the mountains for 2 days where there is no cell phone or internet service. I'll look for answers on Sunday.

Thankx

TC

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
They have an FHA appraisal. They have to get it from the old lender and use it. No changes!

Non Sequitur

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Louisiana
And as an added bonus whomever payed for the original should get a refund.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
TC... refer the the thread right near this one about changing lender names. I put a link to the 4000.2 handbook. It has everything you need to make those guys miserable.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the info.

Got home to find 5 calls on the machine, 1 from the listing agent, 1 from the selling agent, 2 from the new lender, and 1 from the new buyer, How he got my name...damn agents.

In a nutshell: Did appraisal Jan 3 for 108K. Buyer backed out. First lender paid me for the appraisal and refunded the buyer's fee. Listing agent found new buyer. Gets my appraisal as per HUD guidelines. However, somehow the SP is 117K. New lender calls to tell me to raise the amount due to new improvements. Then agent calls to tell me it's a New American program? may have got the name wrong. But I believe it's the no money down program which would explain the value increase.

Bottom line: I guess I'll have to go back out to confirm the "new improvements". My guess is nothing has been done. They can't get another appraiser for at least 6 months. My plan is to request a copy of the new sales agreement and a check up front prior to re-inspecting.

Sound about right?

TC

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by TC
consessions

Ya got me, Ms J. I was using the stinkin' hotel lobby computer that didn't have a spell check.

TC

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
You need spell check to know that it should be a "c" instead of an "s?"

Why would you feel the need to re-inspect. Your job is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks