• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

New Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee
The way some highly experienced agents and builders are doing me now, I would feel sorry for a rookie with no experience.

Talk about crazy stuff going on. It's happening and especially in new construction. Pressure is alive and well to push value. Many don't like me but they respect me.

I fear a child would fold. In fact I just saw an example where a highly decorated appraiser folded on one.

Actually I think he probably just signed off on it but it was new construction. Be careful, especially on new construction.

Last edited:

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Old Blood, but I imagine you have heard this song before Eli. Cheers. :peace:

Reactions: Eli

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
How would you know?

They hide it well on the phone if they don't respect me. Good point though. I don't ask if they respect me. Most are reasonable but there are some who are bad and when I get through with my assignment, they go away.

They are really not bad. We are just on opposite sides of the fence in some ways. They are legally biased. They are good at pressure. It helps them in sales.

norapp

Professional Status
State
New York
I have many Realtor friends. They get gifts from happy buyers and sellers and letters of appreciation. No one ever thanks the appraiser. If they get the home they want it's what they expected of you and if the appraisal comes in low everyone hates you. I always say, No one like the appraiser and I don't expect them to. We are a necessary evil. Or are we?

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
We are a necessary evil. Or are we?
(my bold) Yes we are Norapp ... and I appreciate the "necessary evil" part because - that's my job/career.
But i agree, we hardly get thanks, but that's not why I do this

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I have many Realtor friends. They get gifts from happy buyers and sellers and letters of appreciation. No one ever thanks the appraiser. If they get the home they want it's what they expected of you and if the appraisal comes in low everyone hates you. I always say, No one like the appraiser and I don't expect them to. We are a necessary evil. Or are we?

That shouldn't even be a question considering all the mortgage fraud and all the players, but it is.

The difference is we really do represent the public. Not an individual or corporation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks