• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

New California Job To Be Posted On Gov't Jobs.com This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valuadora

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Now posted! http://agency.governmentjobs.com/sanbernardino/default.cfm?action=viewJob&jobID=1746800

San Bernardino County is seeking candidates for a Real Property Agent II (Appraiser) to work in the Real Estate Services Department. We do not do ad valorem appraisals. We complete other appraisals and valuation products for County Departments. Some of it involves appraisals for eminent domain. Some of it involves review of other appraisals, but is most often straight voluntary acquisition or surplus appraisal work with lots of assignment conditions and assumptions.

I have been working there seven years. I previously worked in fee shop, on my own, and banking. It took me a long time to get used to the work and schedule, but overall, this has been a great learning experience to expand my competency areas. Working for the County provides a nice, stable environment in which education opportunities are plentiful. In the last seven years, I have been able to complete two professional designations and am working toward a third.

The pay is lousy for some of you, but decent for others. However, I cannot stress the benefit of having the stability of a schedule and the added benefit of a monthly stipend/payouts to my husband when I'm ready to quit or die.

The County is specifically seeking AG appraisers, but will consider other candidates with some non-residential experience who wish to be trained. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Nancy Summers
valuadora @ gmail.com (this is not a link)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks