• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

New Cert Gen exam taken in Ohio - Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSgt1990

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Ohio
Hi Folks - just took the Cert Gen exam in Ohio. Ohio recently switched to a new exam proctor service. Horrible. Ill-informed workers, old exam prep guides distributed on January 15th, non-working computers, it reminded me of 'Hanging Chads' in the Florida election a few years back.

I probably will be taking the exam again because I wasn't allowed to use the HP12C. They issued me a table calculator, junky 4 function thing, and expected IRR results from this.

Firm said if I did fail, they'll let me take it again without cost. Sat there for 6 hours. Not looking to sit for another 6 hours. AQB said there is no way I should have not been allowed to use the HP. Well, mistakes happen I guess.

Just a heads up, you can use the HP12C calculator although it states it nowhere on the prep sheet or under technology requirements. In fact it says no programable calculators allowed. What a crock.

Ken B

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
I hope you informed the state appraisal board. I can't imagine not being allowed to use a 12C or equivalent on any appraisal exam. Somebody from the state needs to set the testing service straight.

Joker

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Ohio
From talking to others who have taken the test since I have....
It is my understanding that the HP hasn't been allowed to be used for that exam for some time. It is also my understanding that the exam no longer is math intensive like back when I took it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks