• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

new city no work

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam strahan

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Texas
i have a question. i am a trainee as some of you know. i have a sponsor that lives 120 miles away. when i started as a trainee last year we lived only 35 miles apart but weve since moved. i moved 50 miles south and he moved north. my question is about marketing my new town. how do i go about this. my sponsor is more than willing to go just about anywhere. however sometimes his committment to my assignments is a little lower and i am afraid i will lose business if this is my first impression on these people. what i mean is if i take too long to get them the assignment. do i need to have two sponsors? one for my new city and keep my old one for the existing stuff? i am ready for some local appraisals. i know i have get in some how. any suggestions? glad to be here. :D

A

Anonymous

Do you or your mentor know your new market area? If I were in your position I would look for an EXPERIENCED local appraiser to teach me the ins and outs of the local market.

Dee Dee

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
I'm with Walt!

bobburnitt

Does your state allow trainees to hustle business??????

According to Ren Liner, the Commissioner of the Texas Appraiser Licensing and Certification Board, a trainee cannot market services. I'm serious, that's what he told me.

Nearly every appraisal shop I have ever heard of will hire a trainee only under the condition he can bring in his own business. Just like a R.E. Salesman. No leads, no job.

Just curious.

BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks