• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

New Color Printer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Well, it's up and running...my new HP 2030 printer. It appears to be faster than my old 2000c but the plastic parts are a bit scarey. Does anyone know how to get the tool kit to work in Windows XP Pro? Looks like I am building my office from the ground up again. New puter, monitor, printers, and network. Does it ever end?

Ben Vukicevich SRA

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
I don't think there is a tool kit, Mike...

All of the controls/readings are on the LCD screen of the printer..the HP 2000 did not have the LCD so it displayed functions on your monitor.

Check it out. Push a few buttons and look at the LCD.

Ben

Ben Vukicevich SRA

Professional Status
State
New Jersey
And by the way, set your print mode to fast on the HP 2230 then take a look at the output. It will be very close to your old HP 2000 in the medium/normal print mode.

Ben

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Thanks Ben, yes there is a tool kit, at least the software is on the CD. It put an icon on my desk top; however, it says can't establish contact with the printer which is bull since the printer is working fine.

Ben Vukicevich SRA

Professional Status
State
New Jersey
Hmm, I never had a toolbox on mine....but, if you're using a parallel printer port, do you have a two way cable??? If not, it won't communcate. There ar edifferences in the printe cables. The two ways cost more

I would recommend using the USB hook-up to the computer if it has a USB port on it, thus by-passing the parallell cable. The USB is much faster also.

Ben

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Its parallel. Don't see a USB port on printer either. The cable worked for my 2000 so I am pretty sure its a two way. In any event, not really necessary since the printer has a readout on the front for cart levels.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Mike,

I don't think there is a readout on the computer for the HP 2230. Can't figure out why they would eliminate it when they upgraded the HP 2000, it was a great feature. Good luck reading the LED on the printer. :blink:

TC

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Mike,

I have the old 2000c and have always liked it. Its getting old and I may just give it to my son and get a new printer mainly for printing higher quality home pictures.

Are the ink cartridges comparable in size and price to the 2000.

Below are specs I got from bestbuy. Mike does it really have network capability? What kind of memory does this printer use. If its the old 72 pin SIMM then this is a huge optio. Memory is very cheap in the old style.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT FEATURES
3 print modes (fast, normal, best) for print speeds up to 15 ppm in black, 14 ppm in color

Up to 1200 x 600 dpi print resolution on premium paper

HP ImageREt III color layering technology for rich color and realistic skin tones

16MB internal memory and 96MHz processor to push through multiple-page or graphics-intensive print jobs; memory expandable up to 176MB

Cost-effective individual ink tanks

Icon-based LCD display with ink levels, print modes and printer status

Control panel with buttons for resume, job cancel, menu, item, value and select

250-sheet paper input tray and 150-sheet output tray

Network capable with 2 open EIO slots

Parallel connectivity

PC, Mac and Linux compatible

No ink? No problem. Stock up on extra ink cartridges at The Ink Spot, the fast, easy way to find the exact cartridge your printer needs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Andrew, I am no techie. The carts look just like the 2000c and it uses the same black cart a 10, the rest are 11s. I haven't a clue what it uses for memory, 16 megs seems more than enough for me. It is slightly larger than the 2000 in physical size, wouldn't fit into my printer stand on the bottom shelf so had to swap places with the laserjet III. It is up and running and printing good quality pics so I am a happy camper for the moment.

Still debating in mind seeing if the 2000 can be fixed. Nah, will most likely trash it.

Pat Butler

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Mike-- sometimes it's a poorly rated cable when you can't get bi-directional communication. Try a high quality parallel cable with an IEEE1284B rating. They'll be the more expensive cables. Also, keep your cable as short as possible- the longer cables (10') tend to lose some bi-directional capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks